DietPi RPi 384KHz now supported

Hi all,

Our DietPi RPi kernel now supports 384KHz output!
We’ve tested this on Allo BOSS DAC and JustBoom DAC’s:

root@DietPi:~# aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: sndrpijustboomd [snd_rpi_justboom_dac], device 0: JustBoom DAC HiFi pcm512x-hifi-0 []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
root@DietPi:~# cat /proc/asound/card*/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params
access: RW_INTERLEAVED
format: S32_LE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 384000 (384000/1)
period_size: 16384
buffer_size: 65536

The updated kernel will be patch in the v149 update:
However, you can apply the new kernel now, with 384KHz support, by running the following commands:

/DietPi/dietpi/func/dietpi-set_hardware kernel dietpi_rpi
reboot
10 Likes

Hi @Dan_Knight

I’m seeing odd behavior with this option on my IQaudIO DAC+ hat. For some reason, the 352.8 kHz sampling frequency is disabled even thoug 384kHz reports full functionality.

This is especially odd, because my HifiBerry DAC+ reports full functionality at all sampling rates up to 384 kHz. Both of these DACs use the same PCM5122 chip as the Allo Boss.

Perhaps something is odd about the IQaudIO driver. @Gordon_Garrity?

I use PiFi DAC+(HiFiBerry DAC+ compatible).
v148 + 384HKz option Kernel can play 352.8KHz.
But unfortunately v149 can not play 358.2KHz.

Thank you - seems to work fine with the Allo boss :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe the non-DietPi 384KHz kernel we offered previously, may of had tweaks to specific DAC drivers, enabling 352.8KHz.

Ah yes, you can see the available sample rate for PCM5122. Doesn’t look like 352.8KHz is supported by this driver currently, at least without some modification:

And

@Dan_Knight Dan so far so good with 149 and an OPPO Sonica DAC (over DoP) at DSD256 USB and LAN

Will also try the R2R Vinshine but I’m guessing that might top out at DSD128 as it is Native at 256 only unlike the 512 of the Oppo

Update the Vinshine also works but at the DSD128 (over DoP) and is detected as the Combo 384 Amanero USB interface. Sounds great too!

1 Like