• Innuos Zen Mini Mk.3 - running innuOS 2.3.0 - as Core
  • MacBook Pro - running macOS 13.1 - as Remote
  • Both are on Roon 2.0 (build 1211)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

• TP-Link/Deco mesh WiFi network

Connected Audio Devices

• KEF LSX connected via WiFi

Description of Issue

In short, I am having difficulty adding a Network Share Location for Backups. Yes, I spent quite some time going over these resources first:

Specifically, my questions are:

1. Out of curiosity, where does the original Roon DB reside, and where/how can I see that location in the Roon UI?
  2. How can I add a folder on either my a) Innuos Core, b) MacBook, or c) USB connected drive as location for the Roon DB Backups?
    Note: I already use Dropbox for backing up, yet I am looking for redundancy.

Regarding question 2, no matter what smb address I provide, I get either one of these two error messages (see screenshot):

1. “Host not found”
  2. “Invalid Network Path”

are you able to ping the machine using the dnsname zenmini._smb._tcp.local? if not try the smb share by IP address

if yes.
I thank you for your patience as the clueful step in. :slight_smile:

Thank you, @MamaTried, for your quick response.

Indeed, switching to the IP address did the trick! I was able to add the additional locations.

That said, here’s a question for the folks at Roon: why is something like this, which is so basic and therefore should logically be very simple and straightforward, still so complicated and time consuming in practice?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.