Digione signature

So if you run the Allo battery pack with 2 batteries it’s ~ 7.2V and if you run with 4 batteries it is still ~7.2V but will last twice as long?

Also will batteries last longer when music is not playing i.e. on stand by?

Review of Signature by John Darko

https://darko.audio/2018/11/a-short-film-about-the-allo-digione-signature/

1 Like

they really marked wrong polarity on the battery holder they sell? :hushed:
that’s inexcusable and just plain criminal!!! :rage:

All battery holders have the correct polarity marked now.

@allo.com if 5Vdc is ok for the clean side, then a USB powerbank is fine?

Just need a USB to 5.5x2.5mm DC plug cable like below?

https://www.lindy.com.au/usb-to-dc-cable-2-5mm-inner-5-5mm-outer-1-5m

@dabassgoesboomboom
yes that will do.
regards

1 Like

Bought my Allo Digi One in spring … have to wait a few months until i upgrade again on the streamer. But thanks for the hint, ordered this french PSU for 90 Euros last night, seems fair for me.

I know, that every step of the chain counts… just curious: so the streamer is clean now, what about the DAC and the orher parts?

New review of the Signature

https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,75900.0.html

How long can one expect the clean side batteries to last approximately? Hours?, Days? Weeks? Any difference to standby vs active playing?

Thanks

I have two batteries LiFePO4 2500mAh (3,3VDC x 2 = 6,6VDC) and this sufficient for approx 25 hours, prophylactically reloads once a week. I always turn off, they do not listen to music

Just received my Signature and after seeing some comments about the packaging, all I can say is I think it was packaged incredibly well. I ordered the battery holder and it does indeed have stickers applied to identify the correct polarity! I’ll give it some time to warm up and then compare to my USBridge!

AudioStream review just posted: https://www.audiostream.com/content/allo-digione-signature-review

1 Like

Hello Andre! Yes, I added your excellent Signature to my ALLO collection (2 other DigiOnes and a USBridge) and wanted to chime in on the audible benefits of the battery pack. I had been using iFI iPower SMPS and various Linear including TeraDak and ZERO ZONE, but right now I much prefer the sound of humble batteries through my Meridian SE speakers. Thanks!

If this really is the best SQ I hope Allo will consider a future model that runs on batteries but where it’s all built into the unit / including dynamically recharging.

I don’t discount that it’s better, it’s just for me personally multiple power supplies on the same device and/or the necessity to constantly change batteries is a big step too far for me. And if this is what it takes to sound best what’s the point of using it sounding less than its best.

Until then I’ll just stick with the original.

4 Likes

I agree. Part of the Roon experience is convenience. Changing batteries is not for me.
I have the normal DigiOne, powered by an ultralow noise power supply, bought for about 70$ on one of these Chinese online expresses.
Very happy with the sound improvment over the standard PSU.
Batteries also have noise and have no compensation for temperature.

I will upgrade to the Signature when it becomes available in the Netherlands as a package, complete with case and a PSU. I will use the Chinese PSU as clean power

There you go: :smiley:

Thanks. Ordered. It is on its way!

@Allo:
I want to buy a DigiOne Signature but would like to wait until the metal casing is available.
Can you give any estimation on when that will be available?
In case it will take too long I might temporarily use the acrylic casing.

@rdok
The aluminum case for the Signature is already in the works.
We are expecting the revised prototype be the 1st week of December.
provided that all fits well, we will place the order and get the stock in right after the New year.

We will post some pictures we soon as we get the proto in and update you all.

regards
Andre

2 Likes

Hey, I don’t get it, does soss sell the “whole” kit with a RPI for just 280 €? That’s the price for the Digi One Sig alone?