Digione signature

Ok, that will take me some time, but I will try to have an update sometime this weekend.

I’d be surprised if it’s DietPi as I’m using that on my DigiOne w/ no issues whatsoever through the reflash from 159 to 6.0 and through the various updates to 6.14.

Thanks for your help, Johan

You are right , cannot be the soft. Try one last thing, Remove the digione hat and reinsert in the RPI .

If that does not solve it , please PM me.

Fedex shipment got held up in Memphis and I’m getting screwed now because of the holiday weekend. Won’t get to play with the Signature until Tuesday :frowning: Terribly disappointed, as this was going to be like 90% of my weekend activities, lol.

Just found out about the Digione Signature and I am very tempted to upgrade from the already great Digione.

I also have questions (at @allo.com) about powering it:

1. How long do the batteries in the battery pack last?

2. Is the Dual LLC PSU at least equal in quality to the battery pack? And when will it be in stock again?

3. Is the mentioned SMPS the one that is bundled with the player or another option?

Thanks a lot,
Michael

37 posts were merged into an existing topic: Allo DigiOne board

I did an A/B between the Signature and my PC via USB into the same DAC (onboard ESS Sabre ES9018K2M - Parasound Hint) and I honestly couldn’t tell any difference, but it had zero burn in and I’m only using an ifi PSU for clean. I haven’t done an A/B since it’s been running nonstop around 30 hours. I will say, it sounds very good, but I was pretty happy with how my PC sounded as a transport. My only real impression I’ve been able to gather is that the bass feels possibly a little more coherent/dynamic. It probably depends on the DAC, but the differences for me were not very pronounced. I will have to do another A/B with the PC after full burn in and with an LPS. Unfortunately, I don’t have any other SPDIF transports to compare this to, as I’ve always gone PC–>USB–>DAC in the past.

Initial conclusion is that I’m more than happy with the way it sounds, but I don’t have enough experience, perhaps, to be able to tell how much of an improvement it was to my previous setup.

There’s a great summary available now at https://forums.naimaudio.com/topic/allo-digione-signature

Hi all, are Signature and USBridge comparable ?
If they are connected to the same DAC, which one will sound better?

1 Like

It depends more on how the inputs are implemented on your DAC

1 Like

Just to wrap up my mini thread here… I worked with Johan and Allo and all is well with my DigiOne Signature over the past couple days. CS has been excellent.

I haven’t had a chance yet to compare my DigiOne with the Signature, but will try and report back tie permitting.

Hi David

this thread is for Signature not regular DigiOne.

This is the link to the Digione Allo DigiOne board

I’ve moved all Allo Digione discussion over … so this topic can say focused on the Digione Signature.

1 Like

Hi Johan,

I realise it’s still early days for Nirvana but do you know what the output voltage / max current will be? Trying to decide whether to buy a LPS or wait for Nirvana to arrive in due course (to power a 3rd party DAC).

Many thanks…

I’ve been switching back & forth between my much-loved DigiOne and a new Signature over the past few days, and have heard tighter bottom end, better defined and deeper soundstage, but also some “harder” upper midrange with some material. Maybe a step up in definition? -which I hope will mellow-out as time goes on.

Both transports use iFi 5v SMPS plus a $70 eBay LPS for the dirty pi on the Signature, and are connected to a Meridian processor and DSP5200SE speakers.

I would recommend to use the other way arround. I don’t know how much noise your LPS have but IFI has about 3mV of noise (CM especially)

At last the Signature will improve for up to 2 weeks. We used lots of film capacitors and one supercap…

I also have a low noise 9V/6A LPS. OK to use that for the HAT?

Based on their description, that should be good for the clean side. Dirty is always 5v.

ALLO.COM says “It needs 2 PSUs, one for 5V/2A-3A (RPI) and a second power 5V to 6V 100mA. We do recommend the cleanest power supply possible (batteries, linear but even a good SMPS will work)”

While their specs call for “5V to 6V 100mA”, I have read elsewhere that a wide range of voltages are tolerated for the clean side; I’d like to confirm that here before I fry my new device.

WOW, the info in the main page changed drastically. When I purchased mine, it said 5-29V. I opted for a 5V so it’d be interchangeable with the RPI power, but the fact that the information changed so drastically is alarming. Any explanation for this?

Clean power does support multiple voltages. I’ve used it w/ 12V. I think Allo’s change to 5V is more as a best practice so as to not overheat the Signature. I’ve got a standard iPhone charger and type C cable connecting into my clean side and the Allo SMPS into the dirty. Waiting on a DC 5.5/2.1 to type C adapter to plug into my LPS and that will replace the Allo SMPS.