Digione signature

I see… Thanks a lot for the clarification.

I just got my DigiOne Signature yesterday. I am using the provided battery pack to power the clean board. Before this, I was just going USB out from my PC to my DAC (Schiit Modi Multibit). It is a definite improvement. The most obvious benefit is to the lower frequencies. The bass is much cleaner. Listening to the Hamilton Cast Recording, the low end is no longer so muddy. It is recordings like this, with a lot of heavy bass, that made me want to seek out improvements to my system. Now, I can crank it up loud, and the low end is still listenable. I’m really happy I made the purchase, and look forward to it sounding even better as time goes on.

One problem I encountered. When I initially connected everything, I wasn’t able to playback anything through Roon. It recognized the device, but wouldn’t play anything through it. It turned out that the problem was the adapter that sits between the cord from the battery pack, and the USB-C cord (2.5 to 2.1?). Fortunately, the unit came with two of these, and the other one worked fine.

I have the Digione signature for a week now but still need a cleaner power supply. I have a Sbooster with 15V doing nothing. Is it safe to use this Sbooster 15V Sbooster?

Don’t think so
It will over heat…

Does anyone have experience if leaving AirPlay on (Active) in DietPi for the Digione Signature has any impact on the Roonbridge sound quality? Any relevant impact on CPU heat level?

Thanks, I don’t take the risk.

1 Like

Don’t use your 15v Sbooster. Max is 9v for clean, and 5v for dirty.

I’ve a DigiOneSign since a week to replace my Laptop/RoonBridge/USB pair with a ChordMojo/AKG3003 for my bedtime setup. Laptop was dedicated to RoonBride during listening session. The clean side on the DigiOneSign is powered with a MOPHI PowerPack, 6inch USB C cable, the digital signal go through a BNC Furutech cable. Setup is plugged 24/7. Listening session are ~2hrs/day. The battery is still 40-50% after 6 days in a row. Very impressive and viable solution for MY usage. I found the sound a lot, a lot better to compare to Laptop/RoonBridge on battery only. Ropieee is also very stable, easy and convenient to use and configure. I have a lot of DSD but I made the trade off to have a better streamer and a better source for my library. Anyway Roon will play your DSD on DigiOneSign, it will only convert them. Due to a good progression in MQA world on TIDAL, and finding a lot classical and jazz there in MQA now, my next step will be to, eventually, find a MQA DAC to be able to listening in full unfold, or, go directly with a MYTEK Bridge and drop the DigiOneSign. But for now, I’m very very please with the DigiOneSign, very stable, a real workhorse streamer solution…impressive, I warmly recommend it on battery mode. The best solution for performance/price ratio. Unbeatable.

p.s I come from AuralicAriesMini, MinimServer, Audirvana+, JRiver, NAIM 172&272, Devialet 120&220Pro, etc.etc.

Received my DigiOne Signature this week. Had ordered one Allo audio rated switching PS from my local Pi seller. (buy two) So used it to power the pi (dirty side) and used a USB A to USB C good quality cable powered off the USB out on a APC Power Bar for the clean side. I was quite happy with the sound. Prior to this we were listening to Roon via the Pi HDMI with sound card set to HQ and previous to that a 4k Apple TV both playing at 16-bit 48kHZ. I tried a Mac Mini and Win 10 nuc 6th gen celeron in there which sounded alright on HDMI but was much too fiddly to wake up and keep awake. I can say the sound improvement over the above three was huge, my 24-bit recordings WOW. I am looking for a LPS, if it improved 20-30% again will be ecstatic.

Edit I did purchase an iFi iPower and sound definitely improved. So a power bar USB could be used in a pinch for short term.
My Linear Power Supply should arrive from China in the next weeks.

Johan,

I’d love it if you guys could bring it an I2S streamer!

Mark

You can use RPI + Kali already

Johan,

Sorry i should have written I2S via lvds / hdmi ouput.

Mark

I have bought a new Sbooster for my Digione Signature. But I can set this power supply to 5V, 6V and 6,5V.
What is the best voltage?

try 6.5, it probably does not matter, one way or another you will have a amazing sound. Do not forget that the power supply of a dirty side is also of minor importance in SQ :slight_smile:

I thought the dirty sided needed 5v, more than that may cause some damage? I’m not an EE but I would double check before putting more than 5v across.

The clean side can can a higher voltage I believe.

Hi guys,

can I power the Digione Signature directly from 2 USB-C Power adapters (as in the 18W that came with my iPad, or the one that comes with a Macbook or the USB-C port of an Anker PowerPort II PD)?
Using a generic Power bank to power the clean side should be fine?

and @allo.com : I have a Fluke 287 high quality multimeter. If I switch it to measuring AC, would that give me a reasonable reading of the ripple or would that be futile?

thx!

iFi power supply arrived for the clean side power. It sounds much better than the APC power bar’s usb port.

Anyone find a good Pi power supply for the dirty side that has a direct USB C connection?

EDIT
Purchase the Allo Power Supplies initially they a great value for the money. Even if you are going for an upgraded power supply it can be handy to have a spare around for troubleshooting.

Pretty sure you need an Oscilloscope for that.
Years out of college in a different field so not sure what newer voltmeters can do tho

NoNo only the clean side can stand a higher voltage 5-9 volts.
Very important the Pi recieves only 5 volts (dirty side feeds pi).
Go up to first post

Is there any power down suggestions for the digione signature? Specifically, if I were to power off and on the dirty side only, would that be ok? So far I am just leaving it all constantly but this means it freezes every once in a while and needs a restart anyway.

What are you doing - leaving power always on, or powering off?