Digione signature

Personally I’m happy to leave it on all the time. I’d investigate why it freezes, it shouldn’t, mine doesn’t.

Apologies there was a typo there, I contradicted myself. Now corrected.

Also to clarify, it stops responding to Roon - the DAC doesn’t get a lock. The DietPi GUI itself has always remained responsive. Happens every 1-2 weeks.

you can schedule Ropieee to reboot on schedule. Mine is weekly 3am Tuesday It a week from the day you set it. (Advanced tab of ropieee.local)
I always leave my Signature on and rebooting doesn’t seem to affect it.
If reboot doesn’t fix though leave both powered off for several minutes. I believe the DS has caps that keep it powered for awhile.Maybe allo would have an idea of how long. When powering up it seems better to plug in signature wait a minute or so then plugin Pi.

iFi iPower 5v sounds very different in my system powering the clean side. Moved back to DietPi from Allo with updates. Really does have a better image opens everything right up, sound stage, more depth, fatter bass. The iPower is directly connected to a power conditioner. My hydro or mains are not the best. Mostly listened to 24bit music (Paul Simon Graceland 25th, Talking Heads, Peter Gabriel) really is worth 70 bucks in short term.
Edit:
Turns out I was sold Allo Audio power supplies but was delivered regular SMPS I instead. My go to Pi store www.buyapi.ca resolved and using the Allo PS I have to say the difference from the Allo PS to the iFi iPower PS is an improvement. The bigger improvement was from a regular switching mode PS to the Allo Power Supply. If you are on a budget don’t think twice about buying the Allo Audio PS make sure to get two. If in Canada keep www.buyapi.ca in mind they are official reseller for Allo products in Canada.

Cheers

I just moved clean side from ifi to a dedicated lps. The jump in sq was equivalent to what I enjoyed when upgrading from digione to digione signature. Significant improvement, bigger soundstage and quieter quiet. Highly recommended!

Something to look forward to.
What did you end up getting if you don’t mind me asking?

I have tried three different power supplies each sounded different. I found my iFi could not power the Pi by itself (Dirty Side). It wasn’t immediate but occasionally music would breakup. I checked screen and sure enough bolt was indicating low power. iFi does fine on Clean side, the Allo wallwart has no trouble powering the Pi.

I have no issues whatsoever using ifi to power my rpi’s.
I purchased a lps on Amazon from nobsound. Well priced, solid feel, sounds epic.

Then I will return this iFi without load it’s 4.97 volts on an old fluke. The Allo Wallwart is 5.24 on same meter…

Guessing you have the LPS with a single output. Small voltage display as opposed to one that voltage display takes up the whole front of box has two outputs?
Thanks

First of, my apologies for what is most likely a noob question. How should I configure the volume on the DigiOne Signature (using ropieee), if i want to change the volume using Roon Remote? I have the DigiOne Signature connected via coax to Edifier S2000 pro active speakers. I have found that if I select “Device Volume” in the device setup in Roon, it always says “device volume is fixed” and I need to change the volume using the speakers’ remote. Same if I select “Fixed Volume” (that one is kind of obvious). I am tying not to use any DSP options, so I have not tried setting “DSP Volume” in the device setup in Roon.

Thanks for any advice.

I believe the DigiOne just takes the bits Roon sends it and puts them out the coax S/PDIF output. So it has no way to change the volume. You’ll either have to do that in Roon, so it sends the bits with the volume you want, or in your speakers.

Thanks Bill!

You would want to use DSP volume if you want to adjust volume from within Roon application.
On most devices volume show with an -xx db when volume control is enabled to remind you its on. I have read it makes no difference with the sound other than reducing and would have to agree.
Much more convenient than scrambling for remotes or switching apps on iPad or iPhone.

Thanks Jerry! I will try that and see if it makes any difference with the sound.

1 Like

I just got mine. I ordered a new Raspberry Pi, but it’s not here yet. I don’t know if I can wait. I’ll have to see if I can run a Roon bridge AND PiHole on the same rig.

With diet pi that should be no problem but might depend how busy your network is for the pihole data and the bridge data … paying higher bit rates might be the bigger issue

A ProJect Box S2 Digital MQA DAC connected via spdif to a Signature Digione with endpoint function of a Roon Rock Tidal player installed on remote NUC, can do the full hardware unfold of the MQA streaming?
thanks

I contacted Amazon store I purchased from Simcoe Audio Video. They were great, provided a shipping label and had replacment device in less then a week. It boots Pi without problem and only see lightning bolt when service are loading and settles right down. It is presently powering another Allo DAC the Katana and sounds great with the iFi.
It is a step up from the Allo power supplies how big a one is subjective. Depends on resolution of your system.

Is there an OS on the DigiOne Signature that will easily run Spotify Connect and Roon?

I am not a Spotify member.
Can tell you on Dietpi under optimized software so from console or SSH session logged in as root type dietpi-software item 141 Spotify Connect Web: web interface for Spotify premium has an entry. Then Item 167 is Raspotify: Spotify connect client. Try Googling name with how to or setup.
There are some people talking about other software here.