Digione signature

Jerry, how long between the three different power samples in your test? I ask because my own “sound memory” is quite short. So for me to conduct a legitimate A/B/C test, the time gap between each sample has to be small.

Just curious.

I tried 3 different PSs, sequentially. LPS-1 LPS-1.2 and JS-2. All sounded different. In order of preference, LPS-1.2 JS-2 LPS-1. LPS-1.2 finer details, JS-2 warmer, if I had to use an adjective.

Use music I know well.
It should sound a certain way.
That music I would have in several formats.

From the Allo, to iPower to LPS. It was mostly depth of field and better bass.
The difference with PS is much more pronounced with a DAC than transport.
image image image

Two outputs are for my Katana where it made a much bigger difference than with the Digione Signature. Will try again once I have a decent DAC to feed the Digione Sig with. Looking at a IFI MIcro IDSD Black Label. Any suggestions in that price range?

Sorry to be dense - which product is LPS-2?

Apologies. Uptone Audio LPS 1.2 (not 2 sorry). The next version of the LPS 1.

What is the three supply box? Couldn’t find a reference.

The name of the store is Gzbotolave Store.

Has improved both my DAC and Phono stage.

1 Like

Hello. I am new happy user of DigiOne Signature powered by linear supply (clean and dirty part. I am currently using is with coax Qed Performance 1m RCA pairing with my dac (Exogal Comet Plus). The dac has BNC input only, so I use RCA/BNC Neutric adaptor. I am looking for good quality BNC-BNC cable. Any reccomendations for producer and length? The minimum lenght for me is 35cm as my Signature is bulit in the one box with power supply. My budget is ca 150 USD, but I am not sure, if it does make sense to spend so much in difgital cable.

I’ve been happy with my Belden cable from Blue Jeans https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/digital-audio/index.htm

I’m not entirely sure what I’m missing by using a “non-audiophile priced” cable though. At least it’s within your budget.

Blue Jean cables are great!

Thanks. Yes I think about Belden 1694a with Canare plugins, but price is ineed no audiophile one, like 20 USD for 1.2m…I wonder if somebody compared bluejeans with some Oiyade or Black Cat staff for example. How about lenght? I would prefer 0.5m, but maybe 1.2m would be better?
By the way, I jumped to Digione Sig from Node2i and really, it is substantial improvement in all aspects. Its like taking out some cover from speakers. Sorry for my English

1 Like

Has anyone use the Audiophonics LPSU25?
Could you connect both the clean power and RPI to it? Any experiences? It is rated to 2 Amps and I wonder if it would drive a RPI reliable without excessive heat.

Or different question: my Keces P8 has an 5V 1A output. Can I plug the RPI to it? Looking at the power consumption of the RPI, it should be feasible. Experiences are appreciated :slight_smile:

How did you build the more elegant USB C Connector?

The RPI power requires 5V 2.5A, the clean power side would be fine with 5V 1A. As far as your previous question Allo claims there is no benefit to using an LPS with the RPI power and unless the power supply had 2 separate transformers or are completely isolated there is a chance that you would undo the galvanic separation between RPI and the signature board.While the 5V 1A power might allow the Pi to run it can cause a crash during heavier operation which can corrupt your SD card.

I cut off the 2.5mm connector from the original USB-C cable from allo and solder the XT60 connector at it’s place.

I am running Allo DigiOne on P8’s 5V 1A output for several months, it is OK if loading of RPi is not high. I run Roon Bridge only then lock CPU frequency at lowest and disable Swap. No problem so far and the SQ is very good.

Hi! Sounds excellent!
Is it necessary to change the clock speed or does it work out of the box? I would use the RPI only as Roon Endpoint like you do.

DietPi - Allo.com Web GUI Image

You can use DietPi’s Allo image directly, all setting can be done using Web GUI.

PS: I am using DigiOne, not the Signature version, FYI.

Has anyone experienced sq differences with different sw? Roopieee, DietPi etc. ?