DigiOne upgrade to Signature

Hi. I’ve been happy with my original DigiOne for a couple of years now. Thinking of upgrading to the Signature, especially now that Allo has a new LPS available. So, what kind of improvement might I expect for this $500 spend: mind blowing, meh, or somewhere in between? FWIW I’m using a Gungnir Multibit DAC currently. Thanks

In my humble opinion, the increase in quality will be negligible and not worth the increase in cost. I have the Yggdrasil DAC and have run both the Digione on linear power supplies and now the Signature on custom built linear power supplies and there is very little improvement to my ears.
I’m sure there are folks that can discern a difference, but I could not.

1 Like

I went from a HiFi Berry plus to the Allo Sig so I can’t exactly answer your question. I will suggest going with batteries on the signature clean side ( I use a terdak lps for the RPi). I’ve noticed an increase in sound quality anytime I can isolate the digital signal…for me it was a real improvement.
The batteries last about 6 or 7 days…I don’t bother unplugging them and take a few hours to charge up. Cheaper and better sounding than an LPS.

1 Like