Digital Clipping not being shown in Roon

When using speaker setup to adjust my listening position I’m getting digital clipping that isn’t showing a red dot on the signal path. I have solved the clipping using headroom management but am wondering why it wasn’t being shown in Roon. Had me confused for a while!

Digital clipping indicator is optional in the headroom module and needs to be turned on. I assume it adds overhead and thus why it isn’t on by decault when DSPing is enabled.

Thanks for your reply, that makes sense. Have changed to using negative gain only for speaker setup and then headroom not required! Hadn’t realised that headroom management needed to be enabled to get clipping light.

Speaker setup alone shouldn’t cause clipping. It’s only a channel delay and isn’t doing any signal processing.

It also has gain setting applied to each channel. I’ve set these to negative rather than 50/50 which is what I had done. Seems obvious now!

I was surprised to find that the clipping indicator doesn’t work without having both the main DSP switch set to on as well as headroom management and the indicator.

Not really a problem, I was just getting a faint knock that sounded like it was coming from elsewhere. I checked the clipping indicator, forgetting that this was an option! Left me confused for a bit!

I see. I’d only used it for distance offset so didn’t realise there was gain too.

So you have a L-R volume imbalance between your speakers that you’re also correcting for?

No it’s purely that sometimes I end up sat very close to one, not ideal but surprising how good the correction is with a delay and gain adjustment.
Just bought a beanbag to solve the seating problem!