Running a Roon Nucleus.
Despite a solid fiber-optic line i get regular signal dropout when using digital radio…various stations, several times a day, no apparent reason…which require a restart of play. Our home is very internet driven and all other systems perform consistently.
Is this a Roon issue or could it lie elsewhere in my audio system. My IT tech has monitored my interne signal and it is stable.
Hello @michael_maharam, I’ve put your post into the general #support category for now. Please add any extra details about your setup using this link as a guide.
Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.
Can you tell us a bit more about the problem please? Do the dropouts occur whilst listening to an already connected station or only when changing stations? There is a known issue at present about connecting to new stations - see this thread .
And to be clear - playing local files or streaming is OK?
Good question regarding streaming/local media dropout, but I have not noticed it…I need to measure.
When playing any of the 4-6 digital radio stations we frequent dropout is sporadic but regular throughout the day.
Complicated system, so I normally do not list it but I will find time today.
Roon Nucleus running Tidal and Quobuz into 2x Bel Canto Stream + Bel Canto DAC 2.7 + 2x QNAP mirrored NAS through :
- Nagra MSA monoblocks + full Nagra setup into one pair Stenheim Alumine
- 2x Bel Canto REF600M monoblocks into one pair Stenheim Alumine
- 3x Bel Canto REF500S into 3 pair Revox in-ceiling.
- 3x independent zones with BlueSound Pulse 2i
Thank you for the help.
OK, doesn’t sound like the issue I mentioned. The official Roon @support will be along in due course.
Thanks for posting those details! I have a few clarifications questions:
Is there any pattern to the sample rate or format these stations use?
Do you use TIDAL / Qobuz streaming? Are there any issues with this type of content?
If you try to play the same radio station to two outputs at the same time but not grouped, do both stop at the same time or just one of them?
Thank you, and apologies for the delayed response.
- These are two Swiss sister stations, one classical and the other jazz…essentially the only stations we listen to…they seem to be technically rock solid.
- I use both Tidal and Quobuz and they seem to function fine independently of the issue of dropout. Dropout appears to be a system and not a source or ISP driven issue. We have a strong fiber-optic connection and my IT tech and the ISP have confirmed a steady signal.
- A good question…i have now disconnected the two primary zones. Will advise. Thank you.
Thanks for those details!
Do let me know the results of this test when you have a chance to perform it!
Thanks for checking in. It seems not to be the issue, but I wanted to get my IT guy here to check the network before responding. I am getting those black and orange messages on my phone app telling me that Tidal is not loading properly, by example, and that it could be a network issue. I’m not sure why this would happen as we have a fully digital house (Gira) and a robust professionally engineered network. Will advise when I know more. Thank you.