Diminishing Returns

Been using RC in Roon for a few years so yes it had its big benefits again being able to apply this to my vinyl rig would make me play more records again( possibly) as I can’t do that with Roon easily.

2 Likes

It’s the room, Stupid!

Try getting some HAF filters before you spend any more money on amplification and source. They are the best value upgrade I have ever had in my hifi journey, starting with Denon PMA450/ Marantz CD63 in 1992 and currently with Auralic Aries G2 into Hugo TT2 mscaler into Naim NAC552 / NAP 300DR.

My HAF journey is detailed here

.sjb

2 Likes

John I have used HAF for years, it was me you asked about it.

1 Like

Indeed, guilty of reading the OP and then replying without reading the full thread.
I blame JJ Cale

.sjb

2 Likes

I know what you mean! Work is offering voluntary redundancies at the moment. But Im hanging in there and hoping I can get this last component in before they make them compulsory. At least then I’ll have plenty of time on my hands to listen to my system…

Unfortuneately my listening room is alao the family room. Done what I can with soft furnishings etc and it sounds pretty good. Had to remove the Qacoustic QB12 sub as the room just didnt play nice.

Sorry to hear that, luckily I’m not in the risk of that but money is tight and it’s getting tighter and don’t want to add more debt. Using two amps as I do now for TV just seems so wasteful as they are bother Class A/B.

1 Like

I know that all too well same situation with me; ended up with smaller speakers to, but to use HAF dsp as well, it’s just not as flexible as I have to move stuff frequently and it’s becoming costly habit to get new filters each time and I can’t use them on m analogue side.

1 Like

I’m referencing DSP, measuring the room with a microphone and then sending them to Thierry in Home Audio Fidelity and you add his calculated adjustments into Roon.
All for the price many spend on one cable.

.sjb

1 Like

Or 1/20-th of the price …

1 Like

“Matching the value” of the most expensive component is an old salesman’s trick without much justification. If you love the sound the way it is, why change?

2 Likes

I would go for the Hegel. Rock solid build and it is also a Roon Endpoint.

1 Like

I am happy with my system as it is. Could it be better? Sure. But making it “better” would require several thousand dollars that I am unwilling to spend for a possible 5% improvement.

So I am done.

3 Likes

Thank you. It makes a lot of sense. I will keep that in mind