Direct hookup of Nucleus+ to Devialet

@support,
I want a very simple system …
I am very keen on Roon NUCLEUS+ fitted with 2TB SSD & Linear power supply. My Roon remote will be an iPad.

1. Can I use ethernet RJ45 from Nucleus+ to my Devialet D400 directly ?

Being the owner of a D400 an an Intel NUC with Roon already : yes you will be able to feed your D400 through Ethernet RJ45. Please note that the connection will not be direct but through a switch or router. Also Roon requires internet access. Here are 2 configurations possible (A) is the simplest (B) is with a switch dedicated to the audio devices, isolated from the rest of the traffic (TV, web browsing by others etc…). A cheap 15€ switch does the job.
Blue lines are Ethernet cables RJ45 but can be Wi-Fi.

1 Like

Hi alec_eiffel,
Thank you so much for writing in with the sketch. You’ve made my day !! :grinning:

1 Like

If I were to implement this setup (as I don’t wish to have routers & switches rob off Sound Quality), is this possible ?

Yes (assuming you can do static IP on the dCS) but you’d have to use a USB Ethernet adapter for the internet connection

The real question is why you are adding the dCS? Just plug the Ethernet directly into the d400 and remove the dCS from the equation. One less component to complicate your signal path

AES is suppose to be the best sounding input on the Devialet. Less is more seems to be a thing of the past with the current audiophile.

Arup

Sorry to jump into your thread, but my question is very similar.

I have an Antipodes DS, but it’s struggles a bit when running Roon with HAF Convolution and 2 x max sample rate conversion (processing speed down to 3 x ). Currently Antipodes are offering to upgrade my DS to the i5 Core model, but that starts at $2k, and then if I want to add an SSD the price goes way up.

Would I be better:

• Upgrade Antipodes DS (dear), with no onboard SSD music Storage, but connect to Ethernet NAS
  • Buy Nucleus (dearer, but set and forget), with onboard SSD music storage
  • Buy NUC, running Rock (cheaper, set and forget once set-up), external Ethernet NAS music storage

Thanks

PS I’ve a 1000Pro, so can also connect directly via Ethernet

I vote NUC & NAS. When running ethernet to your endpoint I see no point in spending 2 arms and 3 legs on these “special” servers.

Hi Jeff … are you thinking of Nucleus ?

John … welcome !! the more in the better … :grin:
I am sold on Roon Nucleus+ (reasons being I have faith in Roon for great support) unlike Devialet :expressionless: Trust me, if I were you, I would swing to Roon. Danny & Team will keep their customers happy my gut says …

Danny, greatly appreciate you pitching in … Why dCS ? … well, 2 good reasons …

best sounding input to Devialets is AES/EBU XLR … dCS will do that.
possibility to ADD Mutec Ref-10 Clock to dCS that will offer a ‘big’ boost to SQ.

However, I am sold on Nucleus+ with 2TB SSD. Started building my bullet-proof LPSU.

Hope you guys put it in the sales soon … Cheers !!

No. I have at least 3 computers powerful enough to host my core and 150,000+ tracks already.

Arup

Yes another ‘Frustrated’ Devialet owner (what is their problem, keep shooting themselves in the foot, or should that be customer’s foot).

May look at the Nucleus, but the delays in it being made available to the public make me unsure to wait or stick with Antipodes. Antipodes are also very good customer focused, but just unsure if spending another $2000 (minimum), on top of the $3500 already paid is worth it to upgrade to a Core (and that without internal SSD for music, only 128Gb SSD for database).

If I was connecting direct via AES then best having standalone server (or via USB), but since Roon can be accessed from internal intranet then really wondering if SQ affected that much by having an NUC (i5 or i7) in other room with music on NAS and send music to Devialet ethernet connection from it???

Delays are due to making sure it’s perfect… We could have shipped subpar product 10+ times between August and now, but instead we chose to get it right. Remember, delays cause us a ton more pain than they cause you. No revenue, added costs, money in manufacturing tied up even longer. Anyways, delays should give you more confidence, not less :slight_smile:

In theory you could set the Nucleus+ as a DHCP server and directly connect the Devialet to it via an ethernet cable. I’m assuming of course that the Nucleus is running some form of linux. You could then just update a few config files and have an /etc/hosts entry for the Devialet and bang, you’re all set.

Nucleus+ does not support this.

You can use static ip however.

Wasn’t sure if the Devialet could be configured for static, that would definitely work as well.

according this to post it can be:

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=84

1 Like

Take your time … but when out, it should be full-proof !!

Any Time Lines you can commit ??

Arup,
You mentioned building an LPS but it is my understanding Nucleus is supplied with one. Not so?