Disappearing Playlists

Macbook Pro
Playlists have disappeared since upgrade. How do I recover them?

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

Hi @Day_Radebaugh

Are these playlists created in Roon or are they imported from somewhere else?

Are your edits and play history still showing correctly?

Playlists created in Roon. History only goes back to Feb 9; something seems to be missing.

Thanks

Any progress on this issue? Have contacted Tidal, and they don’t seem to think the playlists were stored there.

Hi @Day_Radebaugh

Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Storage? Was there any change to your storage devices at all?

Do you have any backups from before Feb 9th?

Dylan

Screen shot enclosed. No changes in storage; all my stuff is in the attached NAS, nor are there any backups I"m aware of.

Thanks

Thanks for the screenshot, @Day_Radebaugh

Can you go to Settings > Library > Clean Up Library and take a screenshot of the Window that pops up? Don’t fully run this process, I just want to see the numbers appearing here. Thanks!

Dylan:

Here’s the shot from Library Clean Up

Thanks

Dylan:

Any progress on this issue?

Thanks

Thanks for the screenshot, @Day_Radebaugh

Things look good there, there aren’t any files associated with missing storage locations.

Can you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing under playlists? Were they perhaps created under a different profile? Do you have other profiles in your Roon account?

Here are the only playlists I can find. I used to have one with 100+ entries.

Thanks

Any progress on this issue?

Thanks

If your playlists are not there, they either cant be found in your Roon database on that account (nothing in the cloud, all on your machine), or the files are inaccessible.

Can you see Albums and those tracks from the playlist in your library?

Did you change anything about your Roon setup recently? Changing machines, accounts, etc…?

No changes to my knowledge.

…and the other question?

I’m not sure I know how to answer that questions. The playlist had over 200 items in it, and I don’t remember what they were. If I could, I would recreate it in some other venue and be done with this problem. The playlist referred to a huge variety of albums, some of mine and probably some of yours.

you cant remember even 1 track on that playlist?

What I’m trying to determine is if the files/streams on that playlist are inaccessible by Roon or the playlist itself is inaccessible.

Both result in the same “missing playlist”, but they have very different causes.

history going back to feb 9 implies that something happened feb 9 or earlier… did you change profiles?

playlists and history are profile based… maybe on feb 9 you switched profiles?

I’m grasping at straws here trying to help… I can’t diagnose anything until you give me feedback and more information.

I remembered a song I quite likely included in the list. Went to My Albums, and found the album there. Does this help?

and you can play that track? it doesnt say unavailable in red near the track title?