'Disc' in bracketed text

Bracketed text I add to albumtitles sometimes partly disappears when that part of the text starts with ‘Disc…’. To keep track of the provenance of an album, I’d like to keep it visible. How can I do that?

For example:
An album tagged: Beat - 2016 stereo mix (On and off The Road, Disc 14) becomes in Roon: Beat - 2016 stereo mix (On and off The Road,

But:
An album tagged: In The Court Of The Crimson King, 2009 stereo mix (40th Anniversary Box, DVD) keeps in Roon the full bracketed text.

Thanks.

I think there are some things which are filtered out, disk number and maybe year from brackets.

I agree, but … I wish Roon didn’t …

Any workaround?

Have you tried enabling “Show Album Version” in Settings?

Generally speaking, the system is designed to extract information from the brackets and populate into a special “Album Version” field, for exactly this purpose:[quote=“Bluebeat, post:1, topic:16050”]
To keep track of the provenance of an album, I’d like to keep it visible
[/quote]

Okay, so I played around a bit and found the following. Using 10cc’s “the Original Soundtrack”, I copied the album into the watched folder for physical CDs and it saw it. I then went to the file structure and

1. Added “(Mercury)” and “Mercury” Showed up
  2. Added “(Mercury CD)” and “Mercury CD” Showed up
  3. Added “(Mercury CD 1)” and nothing Showed up
  4. Added “(Mercury CD_1)” and “Mercury CD_1” Showed up

So my suggested workaround is add an underscore between CD or Disc and the number
For example:
An album tagged: Beat - 2016 stereo mix (On and of The Road, Disc 14)
For example:
An album tagged: Beat - 2016 stereo mix (On and of The Road, Disc_14)

@Rugby @mike I’ll tinker a bit. Thanks for your suggestions!

@mike In fact this is a boxset problem. Indeed the King Crimson boxset On (and off) the Road can be identified though album version. So can Disc 14 of the set. Roon then brings together all albums available on Disc 14. Not that surprising and as it should be. But then I’m not conveniently able to distinguish between the separate albums within this disc, in this case versions of Beat: the 30th Anniversary Mix, the 2016 stereo mix and the Alternate album. If I want to play the 2016 stereo mix I have to know it’s on Disc 14 and start playing that disc from track X. Not convenient. So I split Disc 14 up in three albums. And I want to know where the album comes from, so I add the name of the boxset and Disc. And then Roon ignores that last part of my tag :smiley:

It would help if discs within a boxset could have more descriptive names!

By the way, adding the text between brackets to the album cover normally works fine. In this case the boxset is named On (and off) The Road. And indeed, (and off) is on the album cover… Not what was intended though… :smirk:

Quite a puzzle…

Use the underscore instead of a space to preserve the disc number information. i.e. Disc_14 and it will work.

Yep, saw that. I wanted to stress the point that there’s in fact another underlying problem. Your workaround didn’t go unnoticed @Rugby! Thanks again!

Oh Ok! :smiley:

/10char