Discography unavailable

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac mini MD388, macOS Catalina, Roon 1.8 (build 778)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet 1 Gb/s, internet connection 300 Mb/s

Description Of Issue

Discography unavailable for some artists. But there is no problems with my internet connection right now. Also I can see and play albums in my library and Recommended albums, but Discography button from Recommended albums leads me to an empty page.

Another issue is that Selected Discography and My Library sections on the album page don’t show all albums. Where is “A Beard of Stars”?

I’ve got the same “Discography unavailable” problem for John Coltrane, Miles Davis, King Crimson, Pink Floyd and so on. What’s happening?! There was no such problem before 778!

UPD: If I change sorting order (ascending/descending or by another criteria), then Discography appears. But if I open this page later it is unavailable again, until I change sorting order one more time.

FYI, just linking to this topic (where Roon have acknowledged the issue):

I don’t think it’s the same issue for the following reasons:

1. I’ve got an error message instead of an empty page.
  2. In my case, these are not manually created artists, but well-known identified artists with a huge catalogue in Tidal.
  3. Changing of sorting order temporarily solves this problem for me, until the next time I open this page.

Yes, sorry, you are right - it was a long day. :slightly_smiling_face:

Exactly same problem here. Also when I change sorting orderit is suddenly back. This problem is new, since last update

Hey @Alexander_Bashlaev,

It’s been too long since you’ve posted this thread - I am very sorry for our delay in getting back to you :pleading_face:

I was wondering, is this behavior happening in any other case? Are there any steps that lead to this issue every time? Can you reproduce this?

Thanks in advance :pray:

Hi Rebeka,
Unfortunately this still happens sometimes, but less often than before. And there was no such problem before build 778 with the same setup.
I don’t understand what “any other case” you mean. There are no special steps to reproduce this issue, I just open the Artist and Discography tab. But now this doesn’t happen every time as before. And there is no correlation with the number of albums, it can open a huge discography without any problem, but shows me an error for discography with only one or two albums. Next time I’ll check the logs.

And what about the second issue? Why can’t I still see “A Beard of Stars” on the album page? All albums are from Tidal and all in my library.

Why did you post this here? This has nothing to do with the original issue and discography.

This is the same issue I am still having in this meanwhile gigantic thread. I have had local issues, but since 778 I also have the Discography unavailable issue, I actually replied in this thread 19 days ago.

this is the thread and @danny and @Lebowski have been very helpful in getting rid of my local problem. But the main issue is still there - As @Alexander_Bashlaev states, less but it still happens.

1 Like

I am having this issue as well. Practically any artist that I attempt to access their discography for (Tidal, Local, or combined) I get this error. Running Roon on ROCK and accessing/playing from the Windows app.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Error for certain artist discography

Hey everyone :wave:

Thanks for keeping the conversation going on this thread. To make sure issues don’t get mixed up and each of the problems is treated separately, could I please have a kind request?

@Stefan_Andersson, could you please create your own thread in the #support category? You’d simply be clickinon on New Topic at the top right of this page.

@Brendan_Berg and @Zoef_Hoobergs could I please ask the same?

@Alexander_Bashlaev, even though delayed, we’d still love to help. I’ve moved this thread into the technical team’s queue. Do you have any updates to share while they get a chance to reply?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.