Discover - annoying bug

Wondering if its just me with an issue.

When I launch the Discover section of MacOS or iOS I see a load of albums flat up for about 1 second, then the info refreshed.

It’s very annoying as I often see something at a glance I fancy listening too, then have to teach it to play.

Any ideas ?

Not just you. Discover refreshes everytime the app is started so what your seeing initially is what the app has cached from the last session and is then refreshing it.

No, it is a bug not only the cache.
Try to open “overview” before going to discover to see the bug in it’s full glory. On my system I see the discover page refreshing 3-4 times after opening and it also refreshs everytime you follow a link from discover and go back. Really annoying.

I am glad it isn’t only me finding this frustrating. :slightly_frowning_face:

There needs to be a new function / preference setting that enables the discover page to be locked (maybe a user setting = always locked) which will only give you a new discovery if you click the Refresh button. I often see a number of items on a discovery page that I would like to explore but as another poster mentioned, as soon as you click on a discovered item and then go back it’s all changed again!

I am seeing this on my Apple Macs.

I Am

It don`t need a setting. The bug should be fixed and you have what you want.
At the moment you should avoid opening “overview” before you use “discover”. That is what is always starting the wrong behaviour in my setup. 100% reproducable.

2 Likes

Thanks @AE67 - I can confirm that your workaround is a good temporary solution - thanks again! :grinning:

I was going to create a new post about this this morning, but am glad I read this post.

Here’s what I see:

I have Roon open with this Discover page up…

…then I quit Roon.

Then I restart Roon, scroll, click on “Discover” and this appears briefly (sorry for the incomplete load, but as you all know, this happens quickly, so I caught it while it was drawing):

…then it quickly redraws and finally displays this:

…so it’s not caching what I viewed in my last session. It’s drawing something completely new — quickly — then drawing something even newer.

I’m not particularly bothered by this, as it happens only once per Roon desktop software load, but it is a bit of a tease, as I often catch something that I think will be neat in that first quick load…