Discover does not curate music in my library due to library album [Ticket In]

Hi @Don_Ashley,

Thank you for the update here.

Your findings are very interesting and I would like to get these findings over to QA. Can you please provide some more information regarding the artist/album which displayed this behavior? Would it be possible for you to upload the album to Dropbox / Google Drive and private message me a link?

As an aside - I appreciate you looking into this further and narrowing down the issue!

@noris
Private message with the link to the files has been sent.

Hi @Don_Ashley,

Thanks for sending that file over, I have requested closer inspection by QA into this issue.
Were you able to get the rest of your library up and running after removing the affected artist/album?

@noris
Yes, I was able to find and use my initial backup file before going through the troubleshooting. Everything appears to be in the state before troubleshooting.
Thank you for following up.

Don

1 Like

Hi @Don_Ashley,

I wanted to touch base with some good news, which is that our technical team has been able to reproduce this behavior using your sample file and weā€™ve opened up a bug report with our developers.

While I canā€™t say for certain when this bug will be fixed, getting things reproduced in-house is a critical first step, and I will keep this thread up to date as the team passes along feedback and work begins to get this resolved.

In the meantime, if you wish to re-add this track to your library, QA has informed me that you can do so, but you would need to edit the YEAR tag like so:

1. Open Jack Jones Christmas album in any tag editor
  2. Remove YEAR tag (or edit it to be just 2019 or 1969 - now it says 1969/2019, which is causing issues in Roon)

Thanks again for the report!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.