Discover feature repopulating when scrolling

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini (Mid 2011), 2.3Ghz i4, 8GB Ram. Roon 1.7 (Build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Apple Airport - hard wired

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Airplay to Macbook Pro

Description Of Issue

Brand new to Roon, just installed this weekend. After it loaded my library (113,000 files) I’ve been enjoying it a lot.

However, I’ve noticed something about the “Discover” feature. It seems that every time I choose the Discover feature, it populates and then the page is completely refreshed with different choices the second I scroll down (Either by mouse wheel or clicking on the scroll bar). Happens every single time. Is this a known bug or something weird on my system?

1 Like

Hello @Tom_Healy, and welcome to the community! Thanks for your report, we’re hoping to make some improvements to the discovery page in the future and while I can’t offer any timelines just yet, those changes will be coming!

Also, do you see this on any remote (like your phone or a tablet) you use or just the core (mac mini)?

Thanks for the response. I should have clarified, I don’t actually play via the core, I use my macbook pro or ipad pro to control remotely. I’ve seen this behavior on two different mac laptops. I have not noticed on the ipad or iphone but I’ll keep an eye out. I upgraded to build 610 today as well.

I’m super impressed with Roon so far. It’s been what I’ve been looking for years to handle my large music collection. I will definitely be signing up for a year after my trial runs out.

It’s a known bug, discussed in other threads.
Problem started a few weeks ago

@support seems like the problem occurs when you open ‘discovery’ after opening ‘overview’.
Restarting Roon fixes it until I open 'overview’again.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.