Discover page not loading

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
ROCK running on i7 NUC latest build

Music files on 4T USB drive attached to NUC
6000 albums,100,000 tracks. Tidal and qobuz subscriptions.

Backup music files and Roon database backup on QNAP NAS

Network Details

NUC and PC connected to switch via ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Dell Desktop PC (study) ethernet

SOtM sMS-200 Ultra Neo (ethernet) connected to Cambridge Edge A via USB (lounge) controlled using Samsung tablet or phone .

Description Of Issue
Discover page not loading. (Have tried restarting NUC) Page is blank with spinner only showing

Same thing here.I can open my libary and see my albums and so on, but the overview page is not loading. Whats new (and som other stuff) in the Tidal section also will not load.

Edit: I shut down my NUC and restarted it. All seems to work as normal now.

Hi @Peter_Kelly1,

Outside of the Discover page is everything else in Roon working for you?

Is this behavior the same even on a different remote device?

If you wait on this page a little bit does it eventually load in?

Everything else in Roon is working fine.
Using my Samsung tablet on my main system Discover does not load.
I have left it open for several hours but it never loads

Hi @Peter_Kelly1,

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

16.30, 20th March
Roon opened, then Discover selected. Page not loading.

Hi @Peter_Kelly1,

I just wanted to reach out and let you know that the diagnostics report was received and the team is looking into this. In the meantime, I was hoping you might be able to clarify when this started happening for you — Did this always happen? Did it happen after an update?

I first noticed it about 10 days ago but it may not have been working for longer as it is a view I don’t use often. My default opening view is Albums - Sorted by date added.

It has worked OK in the past.

Software was updated the day after the latest release.

I have tried restarting the NUC a few times without any success.

Hi @Peter_Kelly1,

I met with the team to discuss and here’s what we found in the report:

03/20 16:30:01 Critical: scx: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.
   at System.DateTime.DateToTicks(Int32 year, Int32 month, Int32 day)
   at Sooloos.NullDate.ToDateTime(Boolean start)
   at Sooloos.Broker.Music.DiscoverResult.Discover_GetAlbumsReleasedInThePast(Library library, Int32 maxretcount)
   at Sooloos.Broker.Music.DiscoverResult..ctor(Library library, GetDiscoverDataParameters p)
   at Sooloos.Broker.Music.LibraryApi.<>c__DisplayClass339_0.<GetDiscoverData>b__0(ClientContext clientcx)
   at Sooloos.SynchronizationContextThread._Dispatch(SendOrPostWrapper& ret)

It looks like there is a piece of media that has bad date data that is causing this issue and causing the Discover page to not load properly.

Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Storage? How many watched folder do you have? If you have more than one, here’s what we’d like to try:

Disable all watched folders except for one — Does the page load? Go through each watched folder one by one — Do any of them allow the page to load?

Dylan

Thanks for your response.

Your report prompted me to look an album which I had edited recently as it seemed to have odd data.

The description for the Four Day Hombre album relates to another band and the date added to Roon is also incorrect.

I removed the date information which I had added to this album and Discover loaded immediately.

This support call can now be closed.

1 Like

Thanks for the update, @Peter_Kelly1! I’m glad things are working for you now. Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.