Display issues on 1.8 B778 [Resolved - B783]

Same problem here on one device using as remote. It is an old Asus naptop running Windows 10. Tablets, phones, and other pc is fine.

Got it, thanks for update.

Sincerely,
Jim.

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000
CPU: Intel i5-2467M CPU @1.60GHz

This is the first released that really blew up on me. My screen has a lot of images that are not showing up. I have rebooted and it hasn’t changed.

Something like this: Display issues on 1.8 B778

Yes

I am using a old i7, 2nd generation and all drivers are current.

Ich teste gerade Roon fĂŒr 14 Tage und habe die Software auf meinen Windows 10-PC geladen. Beim Update von 1.8 B764 auf B778 werden die Cover teilweise schwarz angezeigt. Ich möchte eine lebenslange Lizenz erwerben, aber nur, wenn dieses Problem beseitigt werden kann. Als Netzwerkplayer nutze ich CocktailAudio X45.

Google Translation

I am currently testing Roon for 14 days and have downloaded the software onto my Windows 10 PC. When updating from 1.8 B764 to B778, the covers are partially displayed in black. I would like to purchase a lifetime license, but only if this problem can be resolved. I use CocktailAudio X45 as a network player.

1 Like

I installed the latest update and Roon re built the database with some update. The GUI is all wonky with graphics not displaying correctly and album art blacked out as well. No processes going on in background etc. Roon core has crashed multiple times and doesn’t reset itself.

I re installed the last back up and it’s the same. Had anyone seen this?

I would uninstall Roon and re install from fresh download. I just don’t want to loose my playlists likes and tags. 12TB of music. So the relationships and tags are huge for me.

How would one make sure not to loose the backup folder in the is process. Would the uninstaller delete the backups. I’d think not. Do I rename the folder? Do I go back to the previous back up amd see if that ones not corrupt? If I do I loose the last backup?

Roon is big time expensive and It should have a customer service tell number just saying this does suck

I’ve moved your topic to the support section of the forum.
In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi all,

I seem to have the same problem. Since my core is not headless, it’s a huge problem.

Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
It’s a PC with windows 10 (64 bits). Intel i5 2.5ghz. 8go ram.

Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
I use mainly a macbook pro and an Iphone, both of them don’t have any problems

Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)

It’s all wired to an Asus rooter AC1900

Audio devices in use

Hegel H160/RME adi-2 dac/Kef ls50 wireless

Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)

Music is store on a 10tb harddrive. Using also Tidal.

1 Like

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Device name DESKTOP-GUPES1D
Processor Intel¼ Coreℱ i5-2400S CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
Device ID BE68E8A7-6563-496C-9AF5-38A668F1DB35
Product ID 00326-03509-89502-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎3/‎18/‎2021
OS build 19042.867
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Netgear GS108E
TEXT GOES HERE

Lastly Now my mac and iphone no longer see the core. I might have said this already

Hi, there are a number of users effected by this issue, and Roon are aware:

I would suggest also posting in that topic so Roon have a better understaning of the number of users effected by this issue.

Hi @Adam_Egert

The video driver issue could be effecting you, but you seem to be encountering other unconnected issues as well.

What is your GPU?

1 Like

Intel HD graphics 9.17.10.4459 driver

Thanks, you are almost certainly effected by the driver issue. But the core issues are likely another separate issue, so I would wait until @support can provide advice on how best to proceed.

Hey @Adam_Egert,

I am so sorry to hear about the issues you’re experiencing - we’d love to help!

Could you please try reinstalling the drivers, as suggested by Dylan here:

This might work for you too, @JFP418.

As for your Roon database (where your tags, playlists, preferences and overall settings are stored), you can find it here. This is separate from any music files backup you might have. And you are right, uninstalling and reinstalling Roon will not affect your database.

Once you’ve located it, you can rename it or move it to a different location if you prefer (then, on reinstall Roon will create a new database folder).

And I’m really sorry that at this point we don’t have phone support. I do hope we can help in writing instead :pray:

Thanks for reaching out . Yes installed all updates. nothing worked. I have since down graded to the previous build. Im re nstalling an older back up and I will be stable I hope . This is a very very poor launch. IMHO Roon needs to put up a clear doc on down grading and turn off update notifications in app until this is smoothed out. Fortunately or unfortunately you have a small deeply devoted user group of HiFi enthusiasts. This leaves me without HiFi. that is not a good place to be LOL. I have an older dedicated PC used as the core. Im not upgrading and spending another $1200 to go to a newer i7 or i9 box with a big GPU. Roon needs to work on all windows 10 platforms.

I know Im speaking something you all agree with at Roon. My issue was compounded as my clients couldnt find the core either. Mac, Iphone, Ipad. How does one actually get support here? Roon is not a free program. We pay money for this and need support
 thanks for any help. I cant see going to the new version until there is a clear stability to it and everyone is working . This seems to be a big issue and many have it.

1 Like

To say that I’m upset is an understate. The roll back didnt work and it has reinstalled this broken build again. On its own. from a known older installer. Please get me a link to an installer for the previous build. ASAP!

Sorry for the trouble here, @Adam_Egert!

As mentioned in my post here, we are working to resolve this as quickly as we can and will be keeping everyone up to date in that thread. Unfortunately downgrading isn’t something we can support, but we’ll be sure to reach out as soon as we have an update for everyone.

In the meantime, if you have access to a different remote device, you should be able to use that.

Apologies again, Adam, and thanks for the patience here while we work to resolve!

Dylan
Thanks for reaching out. I know this gets fixed at some point. Many of us are running older servers for our cores. At the end of the day that wont change. Intel’s last update for the HD 2000 ship was in 2016. I’m up to date. I have gotten another remote to work.So I am listening. Im a System solution consultant so I understand teh chain of customer service response. Granted it is never the optimal to downgrade. If this is a fix that will take days or weeks it should be done right away. I understand this is not yours or Rebekah’s decision here. All I can ask is that you pass it up the chain. Motility between versions is a key for some users. Your system is a hands on self managed one where you require your users to be on it. This is not a turn key solution. If one could call a number and get a live person to remote in and look and assess then i get not letting people mess with down grading. It would be good to get stable and then decide to move. I will not upgrade again right away on any of roons products. ill wait for others to be the guinea pigs
There is spit and rage in this just a matter of fact.

4 Likes