Display issues on 1.8 B778 [Resolved - B783]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK OS 1.0 B227
Roon Core 1.8 B778

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

This is just relating to Roon on a Windows device

Windows 7 on an HP Elitebook 2540p i7
Intel HD Graphics

Everything was working fine with 1.8 until this latest release (B778)

Description Of Issue

Display looks like this

1 Like

What’s your Windows version and the graphics hardware and software on your Windows device? This looks like a graphics driver issue to me…

You are using Windows as the end point I take it, could be a video driver issue

Windows 7 on an HP Elitebook 2540p i7
Intel HD Graphics

Everything was working fine with 1.8 until this latest release

Has there been a Windows Update for Win 7 recently? There certainly has for Win 10 - and in some cases this seems to have screwed with the graphics drivers…

Nope - Win7 is done, and a stable OS!
Just need to ensure an effective AV and Router based Firewall.

Same problem here.
HP elitebook 8570.
Drivers and windows 10 fully up to date.

Try to update your GPU drivers.

They are up-to-date, there are no updates and haven’t been for a number of years.

This issue is only presenting as part of this latest release B778, previous 1.8 releases were ok, and 1.7 releases also.

1 Like

Same here. Intel HD graphics 3000.
According to Intel * No supported driver or software updates are available for your system.*
Previous 1.8 release were ok.

1 Like

Have installed 778 this morning on my Windows 10 laptop and I’m getting really bad pixellation on all album artwork. The album art is just showing as a black square? I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled Roon from the laptop and rebooted both the laptop and my core but it hasn’t made a difference. Is anyone else getting this issue. My core is an Intel NUC by the way.

1 Like

I got the same issue including all icons. per definition you need to know where to click to be able to use windows at all. Thank God the Android is not updated yet and is working.
Running
Windows 10 Pro
Version1909
Installed on 03/18/20
OS Build 18363.1440

Core is on Roon Nucleus

1 Like

I got this too: Black Squares on most album art but only on one Windows computer.
Windows 10 on old Gigabyte with i7 and integrated graphics.

1 Like

Thanks for your patience here as we’ve been looking into your reports. We appreciate everyone reaching out with their feedback!

What we are finding is that a small number of older GPUs which are no longer supported with driver updates seem to be exhibiting this issue after the update.

First, we’re hoping you can try updating the graphics drivers directly from the manufacturer (i.e. download the latest version showing on the manufacturer’s website). Often times we’ve found that Windows automatic driver updates aren’t always as reliable and using this method often has better results.

We’d also recommend using Intel’s driver tool to check for any missing or out of date drivers and updating them:

We’ve seen a few cases where the above helps, so please give that a try and let us know if you’re still seeing issues.

Used intel drivers tool. No updates available. So. Still seeing isues.
Also Intel HD 3000 graphics ain’t that old…

All drivers up-to-date

Today my Roon was updated , and now it looks like this in the photo?! Give me back my Roon !

Same here:

Windows 10.
The MB is Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z68AP-D3, the Intel toos says that the drivers are updated.

driver updates are not required, look for the problem yourself…![

1 Like

Well ten years is fairly old. Odd that things should change dramatically in a single release though.