Display issues on 1.8 B778 [Resolved - B783]

I had another try at downloading 1.8 yesterday. Display looks the same.
Remote enabled. Couldn’t download the remote app to my android tablet (bought 2019).

But the remote app does work on my Sony android phone. So some progress.

@Carl i’m not an IT or programmer.
I could agree if i could see in Roon any futuristic graphical feature requiring some kind of new graphic card.
but i don’t. i really don’t.
my core PC is not a new one. but it’s an intel i5 pc, maybe not new generation i5, but it’s more or less something i could buy new even today.
no issue (till today) with no other software

so, yes i could be prepared to have to change my PC, but … in the far future.

1 Like

Hi @Niccolo_Terzi,

From what I can see, the Z68AP-D3 motherboard in that device is now circa 10 years old, unfortunately in the tech. industry it’s pretty much considered obsolete … and the chip manufactures have a tendency to stop releasing bug fixes for the software drivers that control them.

I’ve been caught out myself in the past so do understand how frustrating this can be.

Fingers crossed the Roon team come up with a workaround this time, but as I know all to well as some point it time more modern hardware will be required.

Even modern hardware ppl are having problems.

2 Likes

I just want to add that…
on my Core machine i have 2 GPUs. one is the mainboard integrated graphic card (Interl HD).
the second one is an NVIDIA GeForce GT 520. i normally use this second HDMI output to feed my home theater / projector.

Anyway… i have connected the monitor to the other graphic card. i don’t really know if this is a meaningless thing… in any case, nothing changed. i still see the display problem.

1 Like

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1
GPU: Intel HD Graphics (Intel)
CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.10GHz / 12 GB RAM

I think it is likely you will need to disable the integrated graphics in your BIOS settings to force your PC to solely ‘use’ the GeForce card.

Obviously you are using the GeForce HDMI output to your monitor (and still see the issue), but somehow the conflict with Roon and Intel might still be active no matter the output used.

Perhaps it is worth testing?

If you don’t plug anything into the integrated graphics, the only thing that may be used on the integrated graphics chip is quick sync hardware.

So, If roon were using intel quick sync this would be true. I highly doubt they are using quick sync. That is mainly used for video encoding and decoding.

The issues are most likely in the way they are using OpenGL which would cause problems on Intel, Nvidia and AMD.

1 Like

It has been 4 days since your last post. Have there been any updates you can share?

2 Likes

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
CPU: İntel core i7-2620M cpu@2.70 GHZ,
GPU: Amd Radeon 6700 series

Im now running th4 core headless sort and play music from ipad and mac. no graphics issues. Hope a fix comes soon though. iOS roon crash3s pretty regularly. hands up and I have to kill the app to re launch . music keeps playing as the core is still up

Hi,

I simply don’t know enough about graphic drivers etc… to continue the discussion in a meaningful way, but just suggesting a relatively easy option to at least rule out a possibility.

If @Niccolo_Terzi has already tried only connecting the monitor to the Geforce with no other connections (Intel to projector) it might be worthwhile to test.

It could be a total concidence of course, but what you are saying about OpenGL might be supported, as I’ve already posted above, this issue only appeared once Roon fixed another issue in the previous build for GeForce cards:

Edit:

Oh, just seen you have posted in the linked topic after I last looked/linked to it above. :slight_smile:

Same problem here. As of today, my Roon Core is unusable. It’s not a headless server, I need to see info on my laptop screen. I agree with various users here: Roon is an expensive piece of software, I expect a solution in a reasonable time frame. It’s been a week already since this problem first appear on my PC.

Windows 10
Intel Core i7-2630QM @ 2GHz
Intel HD Graphics 3000

1 Like

So,no new release to solve this big problem?
I try to clear image cache,but nothing. Any news?
The program ROON is unusable !!!
Giovanni

3 Likes

I guess it may take a while to fix this (Display issues on 1.8 B778) and all other recently reported issues. Is there any way that we can go back to previous version to make our Roon work just like before. (it’s completely unusable on PC for many days… and it’s a must for most of us!)

Please let us know if you have any plan for this particular display issue, thanks!!

2 Likes

It seems that 1.8 build 664 did not have those issues, could that be made available again please?

2 Likes

With all due respect, Roon is purchased to listen to music, not to play video games, those who want to play buy a PS5. It’s been more than a week, and it’s no use.

1 Like

I am another user just like you, so not sure of your point to me. Likening it to a video game, is just a quick way of explaining Roon’s GPU needs.

I’m going to quote from Carl above since I think it needs repeating:

Thank you for the answer and do not be offended, all users have different processors and both do not work , and the needs are the same - this is the stable operation of its Roon.

My Roon version 1.8 build 778 had the same symptoms.
However, build 756 remained in the download folder and I did it.
All the symptoms are gone.

I think the team should archive the previous installation exe of 778.
It seems that there are many people in trouble.

1 Like