Display on Firestick

4 posts were split to a new topic: Change screen timeout on Amazon Firestick

Hi @Paul_Frank,

Can you verify the URL is the same as what is displayed in Settings > Displays?

Do you see the Firefox browser in Settings > Displays as a Display option?

Yes because if it wasn’t correct the Roon logo would not display!
When this happens there is a small box on the bottom left on the TV that shows the correct the correct URL and a blue button moving back and forth, after 30 - 45 minutes the display wakes up HOWEVER it’s all wrong, the track detail is OK but the album cover and the artist pictures are wrong see next attachment. This is clearly a server issue not client issue!

utter rubbish

What is. ?

Hi @Paul_Frank,

Thank you for the update here. So, just to confirm, after some time this will work, but the artist and album image isn’t correct?

Is this the case for every track that you play?

Moving forward with troubleshooting, can you confirm how things work when using a Chrome browser as a web display? Does the same behavior occur here?

Thank you for the update here. So, just to confirm, after some time this will work, but the artist and album image isn’t correct?
yes, and pre last update worked 100% no issues

Is this the case for every track that you play?
seems to be, different covers / pictures of course

Moving forward with troubleshooting, can you confirm how things work when using a Chrome browser as a web display? Does the same behavior occur here?
can’t say as Chrome doesn’t work on the Firestick for this as there is no way to enter the required URL, in fact Firefox was the only browser that worked
I have just tried it on a Windows10 PC using Chrome and it works in Chrome there but not using Firefox

ETA: on the PC Firefox displays the Roon logo immediately, but that’s all

Did you make sure to activate the firefox display for that endpoint? Firefox works without fail on all my PCs.

FWIW, Roon Displays is working for me on FireFox for Amazon FireStick.

The issue is not on a PC but on a Firestick (Android), yes I am aware of the need to activate, as I said it was working in 2018 just fine.
I cannot activate the display as Roon does not ‘see’ it.

Hi Dylan,

I tried ‘side loading’ a different version of Firefox vs the native Firestick one, this connects faster to Roon HOWEVER the garbled screen display (wrong covers / wrong artist photos) remains, sometimes will start off OK but then gets worse, even with the album art not appearing. I have tried disabling Qobuz in case this was impacting performance with a reboot, sadly no improvement!

Hi @Paul_Frank,

Moving forward with troubleshooting, I’d like to enable diagnostics on your account so our technical team can take a closer look at things.

Before doing so, I want to make sure that the technical team will have all of the information they need to properly understand this issue. Please reproduce this behavior once more for a couple of tracks and make note of the following:

• Note the time when you first start the Display on the Firestick
  • Note the time that the first track starts playing, the name of the track (album and artist too) that is playing, and the name of the album that is incorrectly appearing in the album art.
  • Repeat the above for two more tracks

Respond here with this information and I’ll have the team take a closer look.

Thanks!

will do this, thanks

A post was merged into an existing topic: Change screen timeout on Amazon Firestick

Hi Dylan

I have run 2 tests, details in this Goggle sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tgKb6avIKRqK7WtqQyL4fyPpxEP9l5XeWjoGojPhTlk/edit?usp=sharing

the only difference between the 2 is one playlist was shuffled, perhaps a clue?
the reason I am keen to peruse this is that I want to use it at an enthusiasts event in UK (order of 800 - 1000 visitors) and I am sure there will be a lot of interest in Roon so happy to run more tests.

kind regards, Paul

Thanks, @Paul_Frank.

I’ve passed your sheet, along with the other information above, to the technical team for analysis. I’ll be sure to let you know when I receive their feedback here.

Any news back yet?

Hi @Paul_Frank,

I checked in with the team today, and they’re working on reproducing this issue in-house. Once we’ve been able to reproduce in house we will be opening a ticket with our development team for further investigation.

Thanks for your patience as we’ve been looking into this!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.