Display problem with Android

My Android displays always have some corruption. There is a thin line along the top and one on the right. The right side appears to be a sliver of the adjacent graphics. Anyone else have this is sure, or a fix? It’s not a problem in any other app, and it’s on two different models android based phones.

I can’t upload the screen shot, so please right click and open it in a new tab.

https://goo.gl/photos/i8hK18YrhkhY2G6YA

3 Likes

Same here on 2014 Moto X

1 Like

I’m still having this issue. Is it being worked on?

1 Like

Same problem here on Galaxy Note 10.1 and Tab S3

Same problem on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, running Android 7.
The GUI is soooo beautiful, but the corruption on the top is disappointing.

Never see this type of disortion on other apps. When will a fix be available?

Recognize this. My tablet (Google Pixel C) is fine, my Android phone (Oneplus One) has the same corruption. A fix would be appreciated.

Hello,
I just bought a samsung tab s3 and installed Roon remote 1.4
I detected some graphics problems (strange lines above and to the side)

Video 1
Video 2

+1, same problems

Same display problem also here with moto X 2014. No problem with S7 (android 7) and BQ (android 6) Tablet

Same here, on Lenovo TAB4 8 Plus.
Annoying…:unamused:

Same problem. Is there a fix?

Edit: Mine is a Samsung Galaxy S2 Tab

Hello, why does nobody from support answer this thread?

I don*t really want to have to buy an Ipad (that means losing the amoled screen) and it seams to happen on both Samsung flagship tablets and other devices.

Thanks

@support can you offer some help here. It may be product specific so worth a look.

Hey everyone,

I have moved this thread over to the Support section of community, since this not working as designed and I wanted to make sure we acknowledge the issue. We do have a ticket open for this issue in our internal tracker, but I don’t yet have a timeframe for when that’s going to happen.

We’ve looked at this in the past, and we believe this issue may be related to how Roon’s graphics engine interacts with Android. It’s hard for us to provide estimates on when that work may happen, since changes like this can be pretty involved for both our dev and QA teams. I’m going to look into this further, and I’ll be sure to update this thread as any news on this becomes available. Thanks in advance for your patience!

Kind regards,
Dylan

Same problem here, using a Pixel phone running Android 8.1. Just looks very unpolished and should be a high priority issue.

1 Like

Its a shame, This topic was opened 11/2016 …

1 Like

I have had the same issue for years. Exactly like in the first post picture. Getting close to 3 years and the Android tablet screen tear still hasn’t been fixed.

Same her, since startet ROON over 2 years ago…

Sometimes when playing, the top off the screen line is flashing, without touching it

Here running on Oneplus 6T OXYGEN Beta 7

I see the same thing on my Samsung Galaxy S4 tablet. Haven’t gotten around to posting my issues yet (still busy getting things setup) so glad to see it’s not just me, but disappointed how long it’s been.

FWIW, I haven’t seen the same thing on my android phone, but I have just started using it with Roon (and it has other more important issues).

I’ve been using Roon for about a week. The integration of my library, Tidal, and Qobuz seems to be working well. Using Roon Remote on my Samsung S9+ without many issues. As some others have also indicated, I’m looking to get a Samsung tab S4 to serve as a remote. Can anyone comment whether the recent April 24 app update has helped to resolve the display issues? Many thanks.