Display problem with Android

Hi @Paresh_Bhatt,

Yes, this behavior was resolved in Build 416. You can read the full release notes here:

Roon 1.6 (Build 416) Is Live!

Well, not completely. The lines to the side are gone (for me, pixel phone, Android 9) but I got a new “line” at the top of my screen now. See screenshot

Related observation. On my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8 inch tablet, Roon displays correctly in landscape mode.

Wishing it would not force landscape mode and instead also work in portrait mode, I installed some random app that allows you to override the display orientation and force portrait mode. This worked, but it showed that line of noise at the top like others are seeing. So I abandoned that. (This was with build 416.)

Except for the line of noise, though, everything else worked fine and was readable and usable. I sure wish Roon would allow portrait mode on this tablet. It’s my only frequently used app that doesn’t.

I’ve got the Tab S4 and it definitely improved with the update.

Many thanks for the prompt responses. Sounds like it’s a far better experience, though could still use some work. Think I’ll give the Tab S4 a shot…

I think the Tab S4 is a great experience with Roon. The one annoyance I have seems to be common to all the Android devices and that’s if you leave the tablet alone for a while or switch apps, when you come back to Roon it has to start up again.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.