Distortion during playback for certain albums

Hey @Richard_James — Thanks for reaching out! I moved your post over to it’s own thread so we can better track what you’re experiencing.

First, I’d like to echo the above statements about your NAS. Because this device uses a Celeron processor you may experience performance issues, particularly with larger libraries or DSP, or if you don’t use an SSD for your Roon database.

I don’t believe that the issues you’re experiencing are necessarily due to this, but we do like to give people a “heads up” when their system is under spec, since it can impact the product in a number of ways, and you may encounter some limitations going forward.

For the issue you’re experiencing, can you give me some more information about the content that you’re hearing this distortion with? We are currently working on a solution for distortion during AAC playback, and it sounds like that may be what you’re experiencing. If the distortion you’re hearing is when playing back AAC content, you can try upgrading FFMPEG as discussed in this thread.

Thanks!
Dylan