Distortion - Left Channel

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC 10 i3 running ROCK latest updates.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Chord Mojo (attached to core) / Mytek Brooklyn Bridge
Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 Headphone Amp
Headphones Audeze LCD-2C

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

HI there,

I’m having an issue where ocasionally in long listening sessions I start to experience distortion in the left channel that only seems to get worse if I keep listening.

Rebooting Roon core seems to solve this issue. I use Audeze headphone DSP pre sets in low latency mode. Mostly listen to music via Tidal (around 98%).

Note the distortion is also occurs when listening via headphone output of the DACs and see above for temporary “solution” of rebooting core. So I really think it is down to Roon.

Hey @James_Holland1

Thank you for getting in touch. We’re sorry to hear that you’ve encountered some distortion at times while listening to phones in Roon. Nobody wants that! :scream:

Does this happen on all your endpoints? (I’m unable to determine if that’s what you were indicating above).

Are you using any other DSP plugins aside from the Audeze settings?

If you disable DSP does this still happen?

Did anything change in your system around the time that this behavior started to occur?

The answer to these questions will help put us on the right track for determining the cause.

Also, please revisit the system details above and fill in all the missing information you’ve omitted. Please be especially thorough in detailing your network configuration and the connection details for your devices. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 14 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.