Hi all, I set up Ropieee XL on an RPi4 into a Mojo on my main system a few weeks ago and I was so happy with it that I decided to buy another similar set up for the garage. This is also RPi4 but connected via USB into a Cyrus Soundkey Dac.
Everything seems to run fine but about every 3-5 mins there will be 10 seconds of metallic sounding distortion of the music.
Connections between the core and endpoints are all wifi which, I understand, is not ideal (it’s the only option) but have worked fine for the main system.
Does anyone have any suggestions on software or hardware changes I could make to try and fix?
Before messing about with your WiFi which should not result in distortion just drop outs to the playback , I would suggest take it indoors and hardwire it to see if things improve this will rule out if it’s WiFi. If not then it could be either the DAC has an issue, maybe not well supported in Linux or a USB power issue, but considering its a dac designed to work with a smartphone latter is unlikely.
I have had the same issue, wired and wireless. I think the issue is that the Soundkey is not an asynchronous dac. I don’t use it anymore, but I did solve the problem. I noticed that the issue didn’t occur on 96khz tracks, so I upsampled everything to 96khz. In the DSP settings turn on Sample Rate Conversion and set to MAX PCM Rate. I was using an ethernet connection, may not work so well in a wireless setup.