Do i need a streamer with Roon or can i just use a DAC - MyTek Brooklyn

Hi There - Mytek make a greaet DAC called Brooklyn for 2K - they also make a DAC/Streamer called Brooklyn Bridge extra 1k = 3K

At the moment i just listen to my ripped cd library because my elevated taste level :slight_smile: - i just don’t use Tidal, MQA, or anything like that - except for Spotify it would be nice to have that.

If i use Roon - do i need the streamer is that redundant - or yes i need a streamer in order to a) stream my ripped libarary - and to b) listen to Spotify, steaming radio? Or can does roon allow all this with just a DAC?

Also - if i get a Roon Nucleus - besides storage is that my ‘streamer’? and if so, then i could exchange my DAC/Streamer for just the DAC version and put that 1K into the Nucleus.

Are there any limitations or big cons against getting a Nucleus - i see it can host my music even for Sonos - i assume it acts like an external hard drive - so can i back it up to the cloud using a back up service so my music is backed up to the cloud? That would be a big concern for me.

Also with Roon - can you edit your meta tags - never saw such an option. Is using something like Media Monkey more appropriate - easier better? thank you! Now loving Roon!

Thank you!

alex