Do I take everything out now? Or is there something that I dont know

I’m not sure what you mean by this. The top line, the Source line, is just telling you what the source file is. If you choose to play an MQA file from Tidal, it will show that because the file has been MQA encoded. Just like if you play an AAC file from Tidal, it will show you AAC in the Source line.

And, not sure about your reference to Miska’s post, as it has nothing to do with the Signal Path. The Sigma-Delta line in the Signal Path is detailing the output of Roon’s PCM to DSD conversion. Nothing to do with any ESS chip in the DAC.

What track are you playing?
Is it added to your library?
Is it available as non-MQA from Tidal?

Thanks for you all for your answers, there is one example.

I think there is FLAC 16bit and MQA 24bit, still its 24 to 64 float.

I just mean I dont want to do anything with MQA. I want the 16bit FLAC and if there is two files and I have disabled all mqa settings I still get the 24bit version when there is one.

Those screen shots do not answer any of the questions I asked …

Can you be specific please.

Sieppaa2

What that 16bit then means? I think you can see the artist and everything from the last post.
I only have only songs from tidal so everything is from there.

The line is detailing Roon’s changing to higher bit depth in order to do the upsampling and to apply the convolution filter. Nothing to do with MQA, except that it would be a 16 to 64 float otherwise. Given that Roon is showing a 16 bit MQA file, but detailing a 24 to 64 bit conversion I’d bet there is a bug in the source file’s data.

Roon will play whatever you tell it to play, so if you choose to play an MQA file, it will still play the MQA file like a regular flac and ignore the MQA encoding.

I think, but could be wrong, that you are asking why Roon is presenting the MQA versions in priority to the standard CD resolutions, or at all when you have MQA processing disabled.

I believe that it does not matter whether you have MQA processing off. Roon will always present the highest resolution available, in its opinion.

1 Like

Thanks, I think I get it now. But I think there is little bug in your software.
I checked many albums and there shouldnt be even that 16bit. Not that it is problem for me, but I think
thats the reason why I asked. :smiley:

I find that if I set TIDAL to HiFi I still get some 44.1kHz MQA titles. For instance, if I play Aladdin Sane MQA 192kHz with HiFi set a 44.1kHz 16bit version is played. However, play Blemish (David Sylvian) MQA 44.1kHz and that’s what’s played.

But the latter release has no alternative AFAIK in TIDAL. Yet The Soft Bulletin (The Faming Lips) has a 44.1kHz 16bit release but will play the 44.1kHz 24bit MQA version instead. These are both in my library, so this may have something to do with it.

If you don’t want MQA don’t add these versions to Roon. If Roon plays MQA then it’s likely that this is the only format available.

I’ve not seen this behaviour for MQA >48kHz.

1 Like

Another example, hope you understand what I mean. :sweat_smile:

Definitely something weird going on. BTW, not my software as I am not a Roon employee.

Take a look at my Signal Path

I’m getting 24 bit on both sides, as it should be. It looks like it is a display bug. Is your Core and the remote on the same (latest) version?

1 Like

Hah, yes Im using latest software for both. If this is just my “problem” you dont have to do anything. Im just happy that you get what I meaned. :smiley:

edit. Im using it mostly on just core on this laptop. Ofc I have installed remote to my iphone but I dont use it.