Do power cables make a difference to sound quality?

If we were discussing different flavours of ice cream you might have a point. But this thread isn’t about the relative merits of pistachio versus chocolate chip, it’s about whether opinions, marketing nonsense, superstition and unbridled speculation should be granted the same argumentative weight as scientific facts. Call me a buzzard, but I don’t think they should.

7 Likes

Your general comment, note general comment sounds very plausible and we all agree with such generilizations. We are, however, talking about real experiences of people who listem to music. I believe those who make scientific claims in this specific context should provide the proof. The burdon of proof is in fact on you. Many of us hear differences,
you are disputing it, please support your disagreement with the required evidence. So my question is simply, can please provide the scientific evidence that disputes the fact that different power cables cannot have a bearing on tbe tonal balance of a system? Please be very specific in your response. I for one are very, very interested in the science that you are shouting from the rooftops.

1 Like

I’m afraid the burden of proof is on you. You are making the scientifically implausible claims.

8 Likes

But the proof has been provided, multiple times. There is no test that would suggest that power cables (or for that matter, other types of cables) make a difference to sound. How many tests do you need to convince you that there is no scientific evidence re the sonic benefits that some listeners ascribe to power cables?
There is no measurable difference AND there is no good scientific explanation why such a difference could exist.
Let’s turn this around. Could you point me towards a scientific test that would validate your claim?
Why do you believe the commercial malarkey of cable manufacturers rather than the findings of test after test that nullifies their (preposterous) assertions?
Because you can hear a difference? Why can that never be replicated in a blind test situation? And what mysterious physical properties must be at work to make that even conceivable?

5 Likes

No. I’m not disputing you hear a difference, nor is anyone else. I’m absolutely 100% convinced that you hear a difference. That’s not the issue, and I’m pretty sure you know that because it’s been stated over and over again. You, and the rest of the ‘many’, do hear a difference. We can agree on that.

But why do you hear a difference?

Is it because the science that’s relevant to the simple task of conducting power through a trivially short length of electrical cable is wrong? Or is it because the science concerning psychoacoustics and the fallibility of human perception is correct?

If you insist on choosing the former, as @Graeme_Finlayson has mentioned, the burden of proof is firmly on you.

7 Likes

Quote from a highly respectable lejonklou dealer:

1 Like

Unfortunately as it appears members cannot resist letting this get personal and there is little to zero value here , it’s time for this one to be put to rest.
Thank you all for your participation.

15 Likes