Do router and ethernet cables affect sound quality?

Did you already check with an oscilloscope where you can see the noise the first time in your environment?

I did but can really scope the mains with the gear I have and signals not his enough to resolve on the one scope I tried…my other scope is stored away right now. Today was a write-off as far as solving goes but maybe more time tmro.

Is it something that’s just recently started? Any new electronics in the house [Moderated]?

2 Likes

hahaha no been around for years, but I’ve taken to turning roon radio off so when the queue stops SWMBO can hear the eeeeeeeee so complaining :frowning: sigh but I still have to find it…anyways back to the topic in the subject…can post in my other thread on the 5333hz matter

Dont get me wrong. I am not trying to bash anybody who goes above and beyond to archive perfection with complex tools. If you have the means, by all means please do, this is our hobby and is what we spend our time on.

My point in the “other forum” was that there is nothing that the human ear can pickup beyond a hiss that can be mitigated quickly… Anything else in frequency and spectrum’s is beyond the human ears, Is ether a 1 or a 0, You wont find me spending 800 dollars on a “audiophile” fiber to ethernet converter. thats just silly.

Some things do make sense and others do help. Is just “some” things are just waaaay out there, specially when you understand the technology behind it.

1 Like

Just ignore it… Till later.

1 Like

That’s not going to go over any better than it did when you posted it here, but keep trying. :laughing:

BTW - Did you misspell ‘hear’ on purpose as a pun?

1 Like

Darko is one of those audiophiles who mistakenly believe that the word “believe” earlier in this sentence should have been “believes”… :joy:

4 Likes

Just phone auto spell…nothing more than that. Nothing to worry yourself over :wink:

So those of us who don’t put doorstoppers on our network players and amps etc. are “science deniers”? Very entertaining…

4 Likes

That should be turd shaped rocks. Door stoppers give off a whacking noise.

Bill, you make a powerful argument; in fact you’ve convinced me… I believe in God and I believe in routers and ethernet cables. And I believe that God wants me to have one of those Chord Music ethernet cables… AND at £4,000 for a metre cable, I believe He wants me to move my router closer to my streamer. Halleluiah !

1 Like

So join us in this thread, where some of us are discussing (in a very civil way, I might add) how to talk to one another.

Yes, we’d love some different points of view on that thread.

Just to address Bill’s point, there are also of us who use rationality in all aspects of our life (except, perhaps, marital negotiations) and we would also demand proof (er, evidence) before adopting a religion. So no we’re not all hypocrites.

I believe in cables and in brain I trust. But most of all I believe in the taste of a sufficiently dimensioned power cord to my Nespresso machine. Of course I did a blind test. I only say one thing: This really would blow your mind insane

Next, I build a corresponding supply line to my switch. Cannot imagine how this will sound… :sunglasses:

I’m going to get a cup now. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Did you cryo-treat your mono-directional coffee grinds?

You need one of these for your Nespresso machine. Power fluctuations can adversely affect the quality of the brew. So, to achieve the perfect cup of espresso, you really need the cleanest AC power you can get.

Did you phase out the plug? And did you use the deep sea shark oil, mentioned earlier in this thread, to optimize the contacts?

All of it
1 2 3 4 5 6

1 Like