Do You Guys Realise How Good Sarah Stuart's Sarah's Pick Playlist Is?

I like it so much that I created a playlist on YouTube and roon of my favourites from Sarah.

Just want to point out that these are incredible music that I would not have discovered if it weren’t for her effort. I have yet to hear the classical playlist picked by Sarah in full, but already I do like it. Though I’m not someone who listens to classical.

Anyone here agrees that her picks of newly released songs are amazing?

I hope she continues to create more playlist, especially if there are people who agree with my assessment.

14 Likes

Can’t find that playlist. Can you give a location to look for it? Or export and post it?

Sure! Go to Home in Roon, then scroll down to the section which says Playlist by Roon. You’ll see one titled Sarah Picks.

1 Like

Thank you. Will try later tonight

1 Like

Nice to see some love for Roon’s developing curation efforts. I’ve avoided them for the most part so far but you persuaded me to give this a try as I work today. A rocky start for me but I’m coming round to your way of thinking as I listen :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

That’s great to hear! I hope more people will check out this playlist because there is 10 tracks that I’m rather addicted to and honestly I’d think these tracks would be easily addictive to lots of people.

I’m listening to it now, it certainly seems much better than some of the playlists I tried “by Roon” which I presume are probably Valence created.

There’s a lot to be said for human input.

.sjb

2 Likes

Came here just to add my voice to the love for Sarah Picks, the latest selection is excellent! I’ll definitely be checking in for her weekly highlights.

1 Like

Yes I agree! Other playlists have caught my interest too. HiFi Joyride is a great way to show off your system.

3 Likes

I too am a fan of Sarah Picks - i just wish they would add a “date updated” or equivalent somewhere so that I can easily determine if the playlist has changed since the last time I listened. Same thing for all of the Playlists by Roon really.

4 Likes

Sarah Picks is such a great playlist, really liking it :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I’ve avoided these curated lists but am now listening to Sarah’s. Some I know but am hearing all sorts of great new sounds. Udhero Na by Arooj Aftab is amazing.

3 Likes

I have to agree, Sarah’s picks have been a revelation. It’s led me to discovering some great new artists, and in turn purchasing their albums from Bandcamp. Looking forward to many more of Sarah’s playlists.

1 Like

@danny Hi Danny, just want to highlight to you that lots of people enjoy Sarah’s picks. Hopefully you guys will keep it coming :slight_smile:

2 Likes

https://tidal.com/playlist/14d2b4e5-4a02-44b6-9f63-65d7109e82db

Try jays playlist in tidal then add to Roon.

It’s 110 tracks of well recorded music

1 Like

They are all Sarah, not Valence.

1 Like

Good to know, certainly the very early ones I listened to at the birth of this feature did not seem to be human curated to me, perhaps it was expectation bias.

.sjb

I just discovered this as I was having my morning coffee. It’s a great way to start the day, new music I’ve never heard curated by a human!

So much I’ve never heard before that I’ve added to my own Roon library. I can’t wait for my wife to wake up so I can share with her!

3 Likes

There is nothing like a choice made by a human being and not by an artificial intelligence, which is why I like to listen to music offered by good radio stations and music journalists who have been doing it for even decades and are experts.

4 Likes

I did not realize this list was being updated…! I think that is the only one that is getting updated? Hopefully they can implement some icons or something to keep track.

I am partial to “Electic Spirit” playlist! :wink: