– Listen to your music more than ever, including artists about whom you never heard because you disappeared into a hyperlink rabbit hole?
– Fool around with up-sampling, just because…?
– Check the community site on an hourly basis and follow ever-lengthening screeds about audiophile cables, esoteric power supplies and MQA rants?
– Pine for the next update, even though your current one is working perfectly fine?
– Seek to optimize an already near-perfect set-up?
Then, yes, you are suffering from moderate to severe Roon-itis. The cure? Continue apace, my friends! Happy Holidays!
@Harrison_Murchison@Derek_Wyman Ha! My wife twitches when a box arrives unannounced and she knows it’s not a holiday gift for her. When I tell her that it’s for the sound system, she simply shakes her head, as if I were bonkers. And that’s for the boxes that arrive when she’s home! She’d better not look in our condo storage cage…
*More often if I’m in front of my computer or a tablet. If people want to waste spend their money on cables, fibre converters, linear power supplies that’s their business. Unsubstantiated claims do grab my attention.