Does Nucleus support playing music stored on Bluesound?

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus

Networking Gear & Setup Details

No VPN, ethernet connection to Nucleus and to
Bluesound Vault 2i

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

30,000 tracks.

Description of Issue

I was having trouble getting consistent results using an HP all in one desktop PC for Roon Core. I thought changing to the Nucleus was an upgrade.

From what I am able to gleen from reading several posts, it seems Using Nucleus is not going to be able to access music on the Bluesound.

1. If it is indeed possible to get to music on the vault with the Nucleus, some specific instructions would be helpful. If it is not possible, is this something that would be expected to be added at some reasonable future date?

2. I spun around in circles for a while and set up the old PC again to see if I could make it work but did not transfer the account back to the Core on the PC. Unfortunately, after this, all the history and music choices that were associated with my account seem to have vanished. The roon account still seems to be working on the Nucleus but is there a way to restore that information, history and favorites, etc.?

Thank you.

1. The Bluesound Vault’s internal storage can be shared over the network, and the Nucleus should, therefore, be able to see the files.

See the following guides by Bluesound and Roon (see section, Content Stored On a NAS Drive.)

1. See the migration guide. Also, under Settings > General look for Disconnect, and click on this to select the original Core.
2 Likes

Yes restore the backup you have (I hope) of the Roon database. Restore it on the nucleus per these instructions for moving your core.

1 Like

I tried that,when I enter the path to add a folder that I believe to be the bluesound, smb://192.168.1.52/share the speaker logo does its thing for a few minutes, then nothing new shows up. Any idea what Ineed to do to get it to connect?
Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.