Does the behavior is normal?

NUC I3 with ROCK and ROON server on it

Library on NAS Synology - 7 000 pieces of music.

SONOS end points - One on Ethernet, others on WiFi

Does the behavior is normal ?

I have a zone in which I bave Bedroom - Kitchen - Garden - Living room

I switch off one room : Kitchen for example. Then I increase the volume of the zone, result : kitchen is switch on by ROON.

I’m not familiar with having more than one endpoint in a single zone. In your example how do you switch off one room?

I have multiple endpoints/zones defined, bedroom, living room, kitchen and use the Roon group feature to have the zones combined for whole house music.

When one have a zone with multiple endpoints, then you click on speaker icon : you can increase, decrease volume, you can also switch off/on (cut he volume)

a endpoint without remove it for the zone.

Stephane - yes, this will happen if you try to use the ‘global’ volume slider (the one at the bottom the speaker pop up menu. If you adjust the volume of individual endpoints, the muted speaker will stay muted. For example, I could increase the volume slider for ‘Media Room’ and still have ‘Living Room’ muted.!
Screenshot 2020-09-25 151432|437x463

It does appear to be multiple individual zones grouped. I misunderstood and took it as one Roon zone with multiple speakers. You can always ungroup the single speaker you want to disable or do as @Tim_Chapman advised.

My zones are fixed volume or Max volume and I adjust the volume individually from room to room.

I agree, it is the cas if one use ‘global’ volume slider. According to me, when a endpoint is switch off, then you increase the volume via global volume slider, only endponts not switch off should be included.

Mike, I don’t want ungroup the zone, but only have the volume off for a specific endpoint off.

1 Like

It is what it is, Stephane. Maybe suggest this to Roon as a future feature?

Yes, I am going to do !

1 Like

Hi @Stephane_Cherie,

Thanks for the feedback here! Since this appears to be "working as designed" I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the Feature Request section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.