Dongle not recognized

Hi spockfish, I sent the feedback 35f302f1b8aaf043 because ropieee does not recognize the wifi dongle i just mounted

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01GZ1XRTS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

can you help me?

If you are really in it with Roon and sticking with it. Skip the USB wifi dongle and go directly with wifi extender with ethernet connection. Your troubles will be OVER.

1 Like

Indeed it’s not recognised. Probably related to the chipset.
I suggest to use one of the supported dongle’s or use a bridge.

Thanks

is there a list of supported dongles?

I second @RickInHouston’s suggestion emphatically. I chased the dragon of WiFi dongles for literally years and it never really worked out. Even when they were recognized, and I have at least 3 different ones that are, the vicissitudes of wifi in a real house rendered my Roon experience maddeningly random and unreliable with long periods of stability followed by equally longer periods of incessant dropouts and freezes. Two weeks ago I spent the cash on two Xfi pods (I have the Xfinity modem/router) and the system has been almost completely stable. I’m pretty sure the one interruption I experienced was an automatic update of the Roon Core. I would recommend either hardwire ethernet or using a wifi extender with ethernet at @RickInHouston suggests. Good luck!

A supported dongle can just as easily get dropped from the supported list.

I didn’t know that, either.

Based on what?

I’ve got 3 dongles myself and it as stated before I’ll do my utmost to support them.
There’s nothing ‘easily’ about that.

I should have said “a dongle that is working can easily stop working, i.e. become unsupported.”

That’s what happened to my two. Worked until it didn’t. Doesn’t matter, I found a rock solid solution and just passing it on.

Not complaining. I think your work is great and have supported it monitarily.

1 Like