Double NAT, TP-Link Deco, Mutimedia/Vectra ISP in Poland

Roon Core Machine

ROCK, IntelNUC

Networking Gear & Setup Details

TP-Link Deco M4R

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Unfortunatelly I cannot access Roon ARC outside my local network. UPnP on, port forwarding set.

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“xxx.xx.xxx.xxx”,“router_external_ip”:“xxx.xx.xxx.xxx”},
“status”: “status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:"xxx.xx.xxx.xxx,“found_natpmp”:true},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“xxx.xx.xxx.xxx”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

My ISP is Multimedia, Poland.

1 Like

Hi @Sebastian_Ptak

Thank you for posting and bringing your port forwarding issue to our attention. The 504 error in your diagnostic messages suggests that there’s a double-NAT layer at play here. You can read more about what that means in our Help Center article here.

If you don’t mind, can you provide the following details about your network setup to help expedite troubleshooting? I’ve filled in some already.

• Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?

• Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?

• It’s very likely the culprit here is a modem/router (gateway) provider by your ISP. If you have one of these, make sure it is in Bridge Mode.

Most likely. I just called my ISP, for 1 euro they will set me a public static IP and according to their customer support it should resolve the problem tomorrow. I will let you know. Multimedia/Vectra is very popular ISP in Poland so maybe other users will benefit from my case.

1 Like

Any updates? I also have Vectra and can’t get ARC to work. ISP hotline told me that they don’t offer static IPs anymore

Strange, they offered me static IP, one phone call - everything’s working great right now.

2 Likes

Hi @Michal_Ratynski,

I would try contacting them again and if necessary, ask to speak to a supervisor. Let them know your situation in that you’re trying to use a service that is dependant on port forwarding. It sounds like at least someone at Vectra knows what needs to be done for this to work for you.

Regards,
Wes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.