Doubled albums. 2 How to move the core to a Synology 718+ Nas

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TEXT GOES HERE
Hallo,my Roon core is on a MacMini 2016.The library is 1Tb of music stored in a Synology DS718+ .50% of the tracks are apple lossless, the rest is mp3. The router is an Apple Time Capsule attached by ethernet to the Mac Mini and the DS718+.
1th issue: When I make a research for an author some of his albums are doubled (or tripled) but only one of these albums is containing all the tracks, the other contains only a few songs. This issues applies also when I run Roon on my Huawey P20 Pro.
2nd issue, since I have the Nas that is always running, despite the Mac Mini that is not, would it be suggested (in order to use it with other devices when the Mac is off) moving the core to the Synology? And in case how do I do it? Do I have to cancel the application form the Mac Mini and start again the installation from the beginning? I ask because I tried and I din not find a way to move the core elsewhere. In the case it is better moving the core to the nas should I run it on another external disk or a usb pendrive, with any requirements? Thank you for your support, Antonio Lovaglio

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

Hi @Antonio_Lovaglio,

So we can better assist you, can you share screenshots of what you’re seeing here?

It is possible to install Roon on a Synology NAS, but I notice that your particular model doesn’t quite meet our recommendations which can lead to performance issues.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.