Dragonfly Black connected to PC am using as remote and endpoint no longer recognized

My Roon core is a Mac Mini. In my shop I have a PC connected via wifi to the Roon Core. Today Roon no longer recognizes the Dragonfly Black DAC I use on the PC. It doesn’t show up in the list of audio devices that can be enable in Roon. Any ideas what might have happened?

OK. I also have a Windows laptop running Roon as a control and connected to a DAC as an endpoint. When I boot up the laptop it shows up on my desktop PC as a networked device and all the sound options on it are listed (see the two screen captures below). However, the desktop PC doesn’t show up at all in the Setup/Audio window. This is new and just started today best I can tell.


In other words, on my desktop PC there is no longer in the Audio menu a section labeled “Connected to this PC”, which is where all the audio devices connected to the desktop PC should be listed.

Does the DAC work outside of Roon ?

Hi @Scott_Monroe,

From your report it sounds like there could be a firewall blocking Roon from discovering the DAC on your PC. Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have.

Just to confirm, the PC with the Dragonfly attached is different than the DESKTOP-BB9F34L that shows up there?

Yes it does.

RAATServer.exe and Roon.exe were not checked (allowed) in the firewall table for Public networks. Allowing these two exceptions to the Firewall table fixed the problem. Screen capture below is before I fixed the problem.Capture

Since ROON had been working fine until today on this PC, am guessing MS Windows did something nasty overnight in an update.

Hi @Scott_Monroe,

Glad to hear that my suggestion resolved the issue! Yes, sometimes Windows updates removes existing entries from the firewall I have found, it is unfortunate but something always worth checking after an operating system update. In either case, glad to hear the issue is resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.