Digital Room Correction (DRC) is an essential feature nowadays

As you mentioned DRC is an essential feature nowadays - and I very much would recommend a specialized software to exploit its full potential.

Roon offers the possibility to integrate convolution filters seamlessly. So along with a software like www.focusfidelity.com it’s very easy to get your system to next level.

8 Likes

That’s a good idea Markus…personally I am planning to play with the default Roon DSP Engine for a few weeks before I switch over to something like what you have recommended.

1 Like

@Markus_Hubner - I recently downloaded Impala from Focus Fidelity and hope to get started with measurements soon. I gather you think highly of Focus Fidelity and, of course, I’ve seen other very positive reviews. Have you taken the time to compare it to any other such software tools (like Home Audio Fidelity)?

Sorry - this is probably the wrong thread to post this. Moderator, feel free to move it - I couldn’t find another obvious thread.

I’ve split out the side discussion to it’s own topic.

1 Like

This is a very easy way to get started with room correction in roon.

I did this for the ceiling speakers in my shower roon, kitchen and bedroom….

3 Likes

Yes I have tried a few software tools over the years. And to sum it up: you can do amazing things with them, though you need years of experience and a lot of time.
The great thing about FocusFidelity is that it’s very user friendly - also for beginners. Doing a measurement, applying preferences and experience the difference it makes right away.

And David is absolutely great and providing an oustanding support to help you get the best out of it - tailored to your specific needs/requirements.

I should have added that the developer @Greg_Wilding is on the forum.

1 Like

Hehe, glad I’m not the only one… I created HouseCurve while trying to get my kitchen ceiling speakers to sound right :smiley:

2 Likes

A nice tool!
@Focus_Fidelity is also here on the forum :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Markus_Hubner @Greg_Wilding @Focus_Fidelity - Is there a step by step video that shows how is best done with different solutions?

Or even better: A local service that could do it for one? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Torben

Mitch Barnett offers a DRC service.
https://accuratesound.ca/services.html

He has my absolute recommendation.

or you might contact Ulli Brueggemann, creator of the Acourate software at audiovero.de.

3 Likes

:slight_smile: A long way from Canada to Germany (Hamburg) :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I used his services and I reside in Vienna.

1 Like

It’s actually quite easy: for example you do the measurement at home - and then someone remote can tailor the DRC settings to your needs.
@miklats I am from Tyrol :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @Markus_Hubner
nice to meet a fellow Roonie from Austria.

1 Like

Absolutely! Would be nice meeting sometime in Vienna. Just drop me a PM.

1 Like

Just to add that I find the DSP in Roon a joy to use. Extremely flexible and easy to configure!

2 Likes

Yes especially the presets are very useful - also to be able to switch / compare different settings while listening to music.

1 Like

Someone else I was chatting with today from Germany also uses Accurate

I just ordered a new box with Dirac Live. How well does that work with Roon?