Connected Audio Devices

The NUC is connected to the main eero terminal via eithernet
Meridian Sooloos MC200 connected to eero satellite via eithernet
Roon controller via ipad pro 11 iOS 15.5
No issues with Tidal or Qobuz

Number of Tracks in Library

1000 +/-

Description of Issue

Roon stopped seeing my network share. All albums in my network folder were unavailable. In attempting to fix the issue I deleted the location and tried to reinstate it and now I get either an unexpected error message or an Invalid pathway message depending on how I type in the pathway. I probably have the wrong pathway and am looking for help figuring out the correct path. The music files are on a Sooloos MC200 hardrive. I’m not sure when the files became unavailable on Roon as a lot of the music I stream is through Tidal and Roon has always been seamless. As a test I can play the files through Meridian Control PC on my Windows laptop.

Hi @Keith_Glover1,

Thanks for your report. We have a known issue occurring with NTFS formatted drives. A temporary fix is to use a Windows machine to do a chkdsk /f on the drive. Alternatively, making a backup of the drive and formatting it to exFAT is another workaround. I had the same issue as you and migrating over to exFAT vs NTFS was my fix.

Let me know if you have any other issues after trying!

Wes

@Wes - is the issue with NTFS solely with Sooloos systems, or more general?

I hope you folks will find a fix for NTFS drives for my Nucleus +. Periodically, after adding new music to the drive, I have to scan the hard drive for Roon recognition of the drive.

Hi Wes,
The music drive is located within the MC200 not the NUC. I don’t mind removing the hard drive and doing a chkdsk but if I make a copy with a changed file system will that adversely affect the MC200 and the Control PC software that I use to rip CD’s?
Thank you,
Keith

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.