Dropbox backup issues

I have the same problem as well. Can backup to everything except for Dropbox. I backup the database to my local SSD on a mac mini running OS 10.14.6. I have a backup database on a RAID level 1 and a portable music drive I shuttle around to my office.

Hello @Adam_Wahler, and welcome to the community! I’d like to help with your issue backing up to Dropbox. Have you checked Dropbox to make sure your aren’t out of room?

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

A post was split to a new topic: Issue backing up to Dropbox

Have about 1.5TB of open space.

Hello @Adam_Wahler, and thanks for confirming that. Could you please try to create a backup via Dropbox one more time so I can enable diagnostics for your account and pass the report over to our QA team? Thanks! Please reply here with a timestamp (your local time) of when dropbox failed and I’ll enable the diagnostics.

Sorry for delay. It failed at 2:07:55
Error backing up database.

Hello @Adam_Wahler, my apologies for the delay, our QA team’s queue has been higher than usual recently but we made sure to take a look at this issue and would still like to get it resolved.

Our team found this trace in your report repeatedly and they’ve asked you and I to perform a few steps that should get us some progress!

07/05 06:32:36 Warn: [broker/backups] unexpected error doing backup on FileBrowser.Entry: Dropbox : /Roon 070420/RoonBackups: System.IO.IOException: Failed while reading web response stream ---> System.Net.WebException: Error getting response stream (ReadAsync): ReceiveFailure Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: src ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: src

The team asked that you:

1. Restart Roon (this will allow us to generate a fresh log file)
  2. Make a local backup on your machine (please reply to this thread with a timestamp of when you do this)
  3. Log out and back into Dropbox via Roon
  4. Attempt a backup via Dropbox again (please reply to this thread with a timestamp of when you do this)
  5. If step 4 is unsuccessful, please make another Dropbox account as a test (free one is fine) and log into that Dropbox account and try to make a backup in Roon

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.