Dropouts - Bluesound Node2 [Resolved]

I have updated my bluesound node 2 with the latest firmware with the expectation to finally start using roon, but o surprise I am experiencing continuos micro-cuts in the songs, I go back to the bluos app and works perfect (tried several times) , i hope this is solved when rooon is at the end updated…for now quite dissapointing…

Hi @danibr ----- I saw your post in this thread and wanted to make sure it got addressed in a timely manor so I have moved it over to the support section of community :sunglasses:

In order to accurately evaluate this issue you are experiencing, may I kindly ask you to please provide the following information:

1. A brief but accurate description of your current setup as seen here. The more detailed you can be, the better.

2. Can you please describe your network configuration / topology, as well as providing insight into any networking hardware you may be implementing in your setup. I want to understand how your devices are communicating and what tools are being used to make those connections.

3. In regard to these “micro-cuts” you are experiencing, are you finding that this is more prevalent when playing a specific codec and bit/sample rate OR is it a more generalized observation? Furthermore, not sure if you are using TIDAL but have you noticed these cuts when streaming TIDAL content as well?

-Eric

Hi Eric,

I have my roon core in an imac running sierra which is connected to the router via PLC. NODE 2 is connected via WIFI (only 2-3 meters from the router) and then to my Rega brio amp.
Up to now I was using roon with two different airplay devices ( WIFI) and was ( still is) working pefectly.

I do have booth Tidal and my own music and both are workng fine through the Bluesound app but i suffer the microcuts ( or small noises) when using Roon, both with local and Tidal files.

Dani

Hi @danibr ----- Thank you for the follow up and taking the time to answer my questions. Both are appreciated!

In the interest of trying to isolate some variables here, have you experimented with a wired connection from your router to the NODE2? I’d be curious to see if playback is more stable under those conditions.

-Eric

Hi Eric,

I have been playing via ethernet for half an hour an everything goes perfect, while there was trouble in every song wirelessly.

Dani

1 Like

Hi again,

I have been trying with an alternatives wifi (which I create with an airport extreme) and roon is running with no issues. Curious thing is that in the original net it works fine with the Bluos app but fails with roon. Anyhow with this last configuration issue is solved for me.

Dani

1 Like

Hi Dani (@danibr) ----- Thank you for the follow up and taking the time to give the proposed test a shot. Very glad to hear that things have been stable with the slight network reconfiguration :clap: :thumbsup: Happy listening!

-Eric