Dropouts with both streaming and local files

Have you tried reinstalling Roon, or at least trashing it’s preferences files? As I mentioned, I did this prior to my ethernet test. Another thing to try is a factory reset of the Devialet. I’m not familiar with it, but it should be an easy procedure. I can’t be sure that this ‘restart’ has solved my dropout problems or will solve yours, but maybe it’s worth a try. I had clean playback over the last three days, but of cause, the problem may come back. It was exactly as you described.

Tried reinstalling Roon, rebooting Nucleus+ and restart Roon Server a couple of times, didn’t help. I’m not sure how to factory reset the Devialet.

There are other setup and endpoints having the dropout issues, Some suggested to disable jumbo frame or put a 10/100 switch in front of the Devialet which I don’t understand what it’s actually doing. My take is it’s some kind of RAAT issue that Roon needs to address.

The suggestion of the 10/100 switch makes me think… Maybe the reason I’m not having the problem since switching to Ethernet is simply that my network is limited to 10/100 at this time? My WiFi is much faster… I’m still investigating why that is the case, but maybe the lower bandwidth somehow is doing the trick? Of cause I don’t know the reason for this…

Seemes ds28 found the solution.

1 Like

Hi @Andreas_Melzer ,

Thanks for letting us know that issue does not occur on Ethernet, WiFi is a potentail source of dropouts, so it is good that you have eliminated this variable.

What kind of cable is it, is it a CAT5e cable or just CAT5? CAT5 cable is limited to 100Mbps speeds, typically it is listed on the cable what the rating is every few feet.

I never payed much attention to the cables I used. The LAN installation is over 20 years old. My research shows that the cables in the walls should indeed be good for gigabit ethernet. I found that some Cat5 patch cords are in use though, I will have to replace them with Cat5e or Cat6, then we will see, if speed is being improved. My understanding is that a 10/100 network connection should be fast enough for streaming audio anyway. Still working without problems right now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.