Dropouts with latest Roon 2.0.3 builds

Roon Core Machine

SonicTranspporter i9

Linux

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Local LAN
Netgear GS808E switch. This switch is connected to TP-LINK 16 switch and then to TP-LINK ER605 router.

Connected Audio Devices

Devialet Air

Devialet 400, connected via Ethernet cable

Number of Tracks in Library

ca. 100,000 tracks

Description of Issue

Hi, I am experiencing lots of dropouts since the latest one or two builds of Roon 2.03 (perhaps all 2.0.3). These occur sometimes on the same places on a track or sometimes randomly. Some days they occur more frequently than others.

My system was completely dropout free since Roon 1.8 or even before and this just started with the latest 2.0.x versions (not sure exactly which one).

The system has become unplayable because of the frequency of these dropouts.

Thanks.

1 Like

@support anyone?

OK, no answer

Hi @Gustavo_Gabaldon,

I will be happy to take a look at this with you.

In order to better assist you, could you please duplicate the issue and provide me with the date/time/track played? Otherwise, there are thousands of lines of code!

Once I had this information I’ll look at the diagnostics from your core and perhaps we can shed some light on the issue.

Thanks,
Wes

Hi,
I also have similar issues lately. Connected by cable, music on NAS in the same network. Yesterday about 10pm I have 3 stops in the song PJ Harvey and some in next two. After that I got irritated by that… I thought that it is the matter of memory - at about 10gb 2 days after restart of Roon, sometimes up to 96% of my memory (16gb). About 635k files. But it is not the reason, didnt solve problem. It looks like roon is losing zone for second, then reconnect to it. It is also visible in Android app.

Hello Wes, I just updated to 2.0.4. Not sure if it addresses these problems but I will be monitoring playback and will get back to you. Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.