DSD is not playing

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Audiodate server
I installed the Singxer USB Class2.0 Manuals & Drivers v4.45

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Fritz box.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue
Music is playing but DSD files are not working.
Where can I find the exlusive mode to check what formats the Xmos is transporting?

where can I find the exlusiv modus it is not showing on my device
after privat mode there is nothing

my connection from server to singxer is USB

Hi @Jurgen_Thiele,

Exclusive mode only appears on certain audio driver types, can you let me know the exact model of the Singxer DAC that you are using?

Singxer F 1

Hi @Jurgen_Thiele,

Thanks for letting me know the Singexer model. Can you let me know the model/manufacturer of the DAC are you connecting it with SPDIF out? Does the DAC you are connecting it to support DSD over SPDIF?

Hi
metrum pavanne yes DSD is supported and the dac is connected by SPDIF

I though the Pavane had a max of 192 over Coax/BNC. As per Pavane manual:

The coaxial input can handle a maximum sample rate of 192kHz.

1. DSD files did run from server with J River directly to metrum pavanne by USB
  2. DSD did also run from server with J River through singxer F 1 connected to Metrum Pavanne by SPDIF
    Why do now both ways not function with Roon ??

JRiver converts DSD to PCM. In your settings above you are sending Encapsulated DSD which is not the same. Try Changing the drop down to say “Convert to PCM”.

dsd

1 Like

Hi @Jurgen_Thiele,

I believe @Rugby is correct here, what you are seeing from JRiver is the DSD to PCM converted output and not Native/DoP DSD output. I would give the DSD conversion strategy that he suggests a try and see if it helps.

Hello thanks for the input when I set DSD to PCM and 192 DSD is playing.
But when I compare the sound from ROON with JRiver JRiver sounds much better
Did I set something wrong how can I improof the sound Quality of ROON ?

Hi @Jurgen_Thiele,

Glad to hear that DSD to PCM output is working for you. We generally don’t comment on SQ recommendations but this KB article touches upon some suggestions as to get the cleanest audio path.

Roon also offers a[fully-fledged DSP Engine which you can use to tweak the sound of your audio towards personal preferences and perform Parametric EQ/Convolution/Upsampling/ect.

I hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.