DSD output with sms-200ultra

That is good to hear your thoughts on that @dabassgoesboomboom.

I don’t actually run Roon on my MBA, I have a fanless ROCK server (not Nucleus unfortunately!!) so there is no fan noise to spoil things.

But what are you running HQPlayer on?

Or are you happy to just use Roon without HQP?

Also - you haven’t directly USB connected your DAC to your ROCK machine have you? Would be interested to know if you get DSD256 that way (as ROCK is Linux)

On then it’s likely the Linux kernel they are using that’s limiting it then.

What are your Roon DSD settings in Eunhasu? This screen:

HQPlayer is running on the MBA. The USB cable goes from MBA to DAC. I select the ROCK server as my Roon Core, and then select HQPlayer as the output on Roon. Am I doing something wrong? It seems to work lol.

Hi @rob2.

I can’t seem to find the screen that you are asking me to check. I selected System Config, but this is all I can see

If it works and no fan noise (the HQP machine) then as I mentioned before, nothing at all to worry about.

It’s a sound quality upgrade over pops and crackles.

1 Like

Roon Ready has its own settings if you tap it. Click the wheel on this screen:

Aah good man

It was DSD128, have changed to DSD256. Anything else you would change on my screen?

Try changing DoP to Native.

ok, the other thing I have noticed is it shows output is my Lyngdorf amplifier. Do I need to change that to my DAC? If so it’s not obvious how I do that.

That I don’t know. I take it the other changes didn’t do the job?

1 Like

The other thing is if I change DoP to Native it did not give me the option to select DSD in Roon DSP. So changed back to DoP

Ok thanks. Hopefully somebody else will know.

Ah, I’m out of my league here!

Not as out of your league as I am, trust me!!

How does Eunhasu see your amp but not your DAC? What’s your setup chain?

I’m not sure why it doesn’t see it my DAC on Roon Ready Config screen if that’s what you mean, it looks hard coded so no option to scan for other devices. I’ll see if I can find anything online or in manual about getting it to recognise my DAC

It’s weird that I don’t seem to have the option to select my DAC

This is what the screen should look like according to the manual

You can see there is a radio button that allows you to change between the two DACS.

This is my screen below. I am missing the bit at the top that says Output name config, which may be the problem but who knows

Is your appointment connected to your WiFi? What happens if you disconnect it, just the amp?