DSD Skipping Pre Box S2 Digital / Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini macOS Mojave, i7 , 16GB Ram, 500GB SSD , Roon 1.6 (build 401)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Telus 300 Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

USB

Description Of Issue

When playing Michael Jackson Billie Jean DSD64 it skips/hiccups, other tracks do not. I am able to play the same track through A+ with no issues.
I am running a Pre Box S2 Digital DAC, I am ruling out the DAC as it works fine in A+.
I believe my setup is correct (see screen capture below)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @Cliff_Jensen,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this issue. Just to make sure I understand you here clearly, you are saying that just the Billie Jean track in DSD64 is causing skips/hiccups but other DSD64 files play fine on the Pre Box S2 with all other settings being constant?

If this is the case, I kindly request the DSD64 file for analysis so that we can take a look at it in the lab and see if we area able to reproduce similar findings, I will send you a private message shortly on how to upload this file to us.

Thanks,
Noris

I get this through A+ as well though. Happens half a dozen times in the first 20 seconds of the track but not after that.

I get the same issue using Pre Box S2 using foobar. Just an FYI. Could be the Pre Box.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.