DSD upsampling reverses Channels

Engaging upsampling PCM to DSD reverses stereo channels. Any idea what might be causing this? Thanks in advance.

Hi @Michael_Sideris,

To aid @support could you answer these Pro-forma questions…

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

Music on Synology NAS

Core 1.6 (build 416) on 2019 iMac, OS 10.14.5., 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, 1TB SSD

Wired ethernet connection to Roon Ready exaSound PlayPoint I, firmware version 22

USB connection of Play Point to exaSound e32 Mark II DAC

Engaging upsampling PCM to DSD reverses stereo channels. Any idea what might be causing this? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Check if there is a firmware update for your DAC, and try connecting it directly to the Mac.

Hi @Michael_Sideris,

Thanks for the report, I’ve scheduled testing with the QA team to investigate this with our in-house hardware. I will reach out to you once I have more info to share.

– Noris

Thanks very much, Noris. I will be looking forward to your reply after testing.

Michael

1 Like

That you, Peter @wklie. I actually listened directly through Roon in my Mac on my desktop system and there is no channel reversal. So my guess that it is the latest firmware of the PlayPoint that is causing it (actually today I noticed reversal always when playing, and not only upsampling to, DSD) and not Roon. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Now that you’ve isolated the cause of the problem, you can ask the manufacturer to fix it. Meanwhile, as a workaround, you can use the “Procedural EQ” in the DSP Engine to add a “Mix” rule to swap the channels. In the “Mix” settings, you can reassign the left and right channels as you wish.

Thank you, I have already done both.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.